setting eggs today!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ray2310, Jun 3, 2011.

1. ray2310

ray2310 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Smithfield, PA
    Today we are setting eggs in our Hovabator 1588 with the automatic turning tray...
    Of course - I have a few extra fertile eggs [​IMG] We have had a few broody hens recently and broke them - I had my fingers crossed someone would be broody again, no luck.

I noticed that there is enough extra space after the automatic egg turner in in the 'bator to hold a few eggs (and hand turn).... and of course as I candle eggs there are always a few not developing that I could just replace with the extra ones (in the bator but kept outside the egg turner)

We I have the "important" eggs already lined up (resting) in the incubator right now (17 buckeye, 12 barred Rock, 4 black copper marrans, 4 frizzle easter eggers, 2 silver duckwing, 2 OEG BBR - 42 eggs at full capacity) and have 8 extra bantam sized eggs that i'd like to squeeze in too [​IMG]

Any thoughts? Suggestions?
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  2. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    My incubator has the same thing there is a space off to the right that is just egg sized and could possibly hold an egg on it's side. I don't know how large bantam eggs are but you could probably fit 4 or 5 large eggs in that space why not try it?
  3. grammypam

grammypam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Mine is way full,too. I have 47 eggs in mine. First time trying that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by