Setting Eggs Tomorrow 06-29-11/07-08-11 set 17 Any buddies???

Nice!!
big_smile.png
I am still trying to figure out how I am going to tell the Delawares from the Light Brahmas in my hatch since they are both very similar babies. Hoping I can take them out as they hatch without affecting the other eggs or maybe set up dividers so that they don't move about too much. I will have to toy with it a bit and think what would work best.

Quote:
Toying with your bator is fun and with me, ENCOURAGED!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!! I have a happily laying quail and I hope to have better luck with this hatch! I hope u have a good hatch!

I hope you do too. Mine just started today so I won't be done for a while yet. Now I just have to leave them alone and not candle them too much.

Quote:
I can't candle mine, too lil and too dark >.< so I don't have to worry about that haha! All I do is turn them and wait.... If I can resist cracking them open :hmm

I try very hard not to crack them open but the ones that don't hatch I always crack so I can see what went wrong. Not that I can always fix it when something does but it helps me to learn I think.

I think I am going to use some stiff hardware cloth and build little dividers once it's time to take the turner out so that I can divide the three sets of eggs up. Now if only I can convince them not to jump the dividers
fl.gif

Should be interesting

Interesting indeed! Now I need to devise a plan for my eggs I am putting in my new incubator :hmm how to keep them seperate for when I put the right ones in lockdown!!!!

I'm joining in
smile.png

I have 12 BBS Marans and 12 Barnvelders in the incubator.

P1060174.jpg

P1060172.jpg

Set at about 6:30pm today.

SO excited cause they are non-shipped eggs
smile.png

This guy hatched yesterday - i think black maran - only egg to survive shipping and hatch.
P1060170.jpg

Quote:
Wow those eggs should be fun to candle. Good luck on your hatch. Your new baby is so cute. Reminds me of a penguin hehe. Can't wait to see the others when they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom