Setting Eggs Tomorrow 06-29-11/07-08-11 set 17 Any buddies???

Quote:
Makes me feel better ^_^ its a bit pricey at the feed store... But I am impatient enough... Do you happen to have pics u could post of your LG? And how u installed the pc fan?

Quote:
Yes, unless I get the little giant 9200... Store down the street from me has it and I can get it right away... Hearing how long the shipping takes is scaring me
hide.gif

Gahhh no LG's! loll bad stories....

I hear its where you live.. Dryer the place you live the better it works
wink.png
I live in AZ so it should work fine!

Quote:
Makes me feel better ^_^ its a bit pricey at the feed store... But I am impatient enough... Do you happen to have pics u could post of your LG? And how u installed the pc fan?

The LG still air has holes in the top all set for putting a fan in and then you just splice the power wires for the fan to the power wires for the LG. I was so scared doing it but there is a video on the website that walks you through it step by step. I got mine for $40 from tractor supply and with the egg turner and fan it ran about 100 but that's not bad since forced air hoverbators without turners are about 80 by themselves.

hovabators windows are a little different and the dial for controlling temp is more of a screw where the one for the LG is a turn dial. They seem almost identical to me other than the names.

77863_incubator_001.jpg

The fan is in the front. You see two screws one towards the center and one closer to the outside those screw it in and then the power lines are spliced into the power lines of the LG and placed under the plastic wiring cage under the hood. I would show you under the lid but I don't want to disturb my eggies
tongue.png

Here is a picture from online where the red dot is towards the top is where I put my fan.

http://www.arcatapet.com/fullsize/15078.jpg

Quote:
Yes, unless I get the little giant 9200... Store down the street from me has it and I can get it right away... Hearing how long the shipping takes is scaring me
hide.gif

I heard those too but so far mine has worked great I just hatched a batch of eggs and we are off for round two and will be doing a third before the year is out. It's wet and muggy here so I should be going all wonky as far as humidity and temp are concerned but honestly I have had no change 100 degrees flat all the time (but then I don't touch the dial and I did add a fan) and humidity runs between 35 and 45 without adding a sponge towards the end. That's with it being in the 90s in the house since I am mean and won't let the boys get air conditioning
wink.png
. It is in a room with no heat vents and I have blocked off the window and keep the lights off unless I am in the room for some reason. Not a horrible bator though in my books.

Quote:

I heard those too but so far mine has worked great I just hatched a batch of eggs and we are off for round two and will be doing a third before the year is out. It's wet and muggy here so I should be going all wonky as far as humidity and temp are concerned but honestly I have had no change 100 degrees flat all the time (but then I don't touch the dial and I did add a fan) and humidity runs between 35 and 45 without adding a sponge towards the end. That's with it being in the 90s in the house since I am mean and won't let the boys get air conditioning
wink.png
. It is in a room with no heat vents and I have blocked off the window and keep the lights off unless I am in the room for some reason. Not a horrible bator though in my books.

Well I think I am sold! Might as well try it!!! Can sell it if I dont like it lol!!! De-batoring if I want to put the fan in it or not :hmm Might as well I already have a pc fan..

I set my second batch on the 27th, but am getting a few more eggs tomorrow and will set them, so i'll have a staggered hatch this time. I'm really curious to see how this hatch comes out, and if the ventilation was truly the problem with my first go round.

Quote:
I am going to have a staggered hatch this time too because my shipped eggs haven't gotten here yet. So we can both pace and worry together hehe.

Back
Top Bottom