Setting eggs tomorrow night, 3/29/12, anyone want to hatch with us?

Couldn't wait! And yes... thank you thank you thank you... Candled tonight and we saw something moving in one of the eggs. I was so excited I almost woke my daughter up to show her! The others are still just only maybe remotely questionable and I think there's a blood ring in one or two of them.... will continue this process and just love love love this whole thing. wow... addicted for sure.

thumbsup.gif

Couldn't wait! And yes... thank you thank you thank you... Candled tonight and we saw something moving in one of the eggs. I was so excited I almost woke my daughter up to show her! The others are still just only maybe remotely questionable and I think there's a blood ring in one or two of them.... will continue this process and just love love love this whole thing. wow... addicted for sure.

thumbsup.gif

Great news!!! So the low temp just slowed development ....
celebrate.gif

Some blood rings are really obvious and occasionally I get something I think looks like one only to have the eggs hatch.... So I'd keep them in there just to make sure it isn't a shadow ...... Most often they are blood rings but you never know....

I go into lockdown tonight on some of my own mutt chickens and a few shipped blue eggs as well as shipped silkies....One of my 4 blues that developed looks to have quit so that will make 3 out of 15 into lockdown ... I really really hope they hatch!!!!
fl.gif
Or else these will officially be the most expensive duds EVER :(

Unfortunately that has happened to us all :( GOOD LUCK! I candle mine for the first time tonight.... I have 15 Silkies, and 24 Buff Brahma eggs :)
Great news!!! So the low temp just slowed development ....
celebrate.gif

Some blood rings are really obvious and occasionally I get something I think looks like one only to have the eggs hatch.... So I'd keep them in there just to make sure it isn't a shadow ...... Most often they are blood rings but you never know....

I go into lockdown tonight on some of my own mutt chickens and a few shipped blue eggs as well as shipped silkies....One of my 4 blues that developed looks to have quit so that will make 3 out of 15 into lockdown ... I really really hope they hatch!!!!
fl.gif
Or else these will officially be the most expensive duds EVER :(

I am sooo jealous of you guys - I have ducklings in so I have to wait an extra week but I candled tonight and of the 27 cayuga eggs, 26 are developing!
wee.gif
I even saw alittle movement in a couple of them. Gotta love the LED flashlight from TSC. I am sooo excited for you guys. Make sure you put pictures up when they all come.

So I just finished lock down! Boy was that a production this time! I had to move some eggs to another bator that are due to hatch next week... Moving from a hovobator to a brinsea is not easy! I have silkies in that bator and the rails were set too closefor the LF eggs ..... So i had to pull eggs out and they of course all topple over!! I dont know how people candle eggs using this incubator!! It is sooooo hard!!! And ontop of the rolling around I whacked one of my good eggs on the side so hard I thought for sure I broke it but that shell was hard!! :D

I have 14 Catdance silkies in lockdown.... Out of 15 shipped!! 1 or 2 looked iffy but i kept them in there anyways... Still amazing number made it to lockdown for shipped eggs! Please let them hatch please!!! Then I have 6 mutts and 3 BWA from peachick.... Can it be Thursdays already??

Ok off to stare at the bator ... Hahahhahahahaha

sad.png
I just candled for the second time. Removed 2 more eggs from my own eggs, and 2 more from the EE eggs given to me. Of my original 31 I now have only 15 eggs left. Several I wasn't sure of but didn't want to take a chance on. It does appear the 2 Silky eggs are good.

I think my friend and myself need better roosters!!

OK... I know I'm jumping the gun here but... why would it be a production for lockdown. Am I missing something again? What I am getting is....1) ensure that humidity is satisfactory 2) ensure that temperature is what it should be 3) get out the eggs that are not behaving 4) get lots of chocolate, coffee, diet pepsi and a comfy chair 5) sit and stare.
pop.gif

Ummmmm, what am I missing? anyone? anyone? Thanks. BTW, this has been the most kind thread I've ever been a part of before. Very nice to have such comradrie (sp?) around with this process. It can be very daunting.

thanks again everyone. Yippeeeee
ya.gif

Jane

Back
Top Bottom