Setting eggs tomorrow night, 3/29/12, anyone want to hatch with us?

OK... I know I'm jumping the gun here but... why would it be a production for lockdown. Am I missing something again? What I am getting is....1) ensure that humidity is satisfactory 2) ensure that temperature is what it should be 3) get out the eggs that are not behaving 4) get lots of chocolate, coffee, diet pepsi and a comfy chair 5) sit and stare.
pop.gif

Ummmmm, what am I missing? anyone? anyone? Thanks. BTW, this has been the most kind thread I've ever been a part of before. Very nice to have such comradrie (sp?) around with this process. It can be very daunting.

thanks again everyone. Yippeeeee
ya.gif

Jane
Yes yes. Lots of coffee, chocholate, and staring with bated breath. My candling after day 5 was 5 nothing going ons in the Silkie eggs I had shipped to me. 23 of the 24 buff brahma eggs I got from my girls had stuff going on. That leaves 9 Silkies and 23 Brahmas. ;);)

OK... I know I'm jumping the gun here but... why would it be a production for lockdown. Am I missing something again? What I am getting is....1) ensure that humidity is satisfactory 2) ensure that temperature is what it should be 3) get out the eggs that are not behaving 4) get lots of chocolate, coffee, diet pepsi and a comfy chair 5) sit and stare.
pop.gif

Ummmmm, what am I missing? anyone? anyone? Thanks. BTW, this has been the most kind thread I've ever been a part of before. Very nice to have such comradrie (sp?) around with this process. It can be very daunting.

ya.gif

Jane
It usually isn't a production but it turned into one because of the staggered hatch I'm doing and the rail spacing issue in the brinsea.... I'm really curious how people candle without tipping over all the eggs in that bator. Yes humidity up, candle one last time to make sure they are all good, and sit and watch :D Oh and try hard to keep hands off the incubator!

pop.gif

ya.gif

Jane

It's not usually a production, but for me it is quite consuming. I obsess over it completely until it's over. Last year we tried to have a hatch day party, but this year my BF says no, because I ignored all the guests and just stared into the bator the whole time
big_smile.png
I do have a staggered hatch going though, so there might be some production involved. I just candled, and my last set is doing really well, much better than the first 2 sets. So at least maybe my week-long hatch will finish with a dramatic chick-filled finale!

Hey Jane,

I noticed you snatched up those English orpingtons I had my eye on!!! Good taste!!! I also saw that you are in Long Beach???!!! Really?? I'm in LA! So if you happen to find yourself with an extra blue orpington girl from your hatch I would LOVE to get my hands on one!!!! I have some lovely week old lavender orp chicks and am hatching silkies from Catdance and Blue Wheaton Ameraucanas from Peachick ..... So maybe a trade will be in order???!!!
droolin.gif
fl.gif
That is of course if my eggs hatch .......

pop.gif

ya.gif

Jane

Hey Jane,

I noticed you snatched up those English orpingtons I had my eye on!!! Good taste!!! I also saw that you are in Long Beach???!!! Really?? I'm in LA! So if you happen to find yourself with an extra blue orpington girl from your hatch I would LOVE to get my hands on one!!!! I have some lovely week old lavender orp chicks and am hatching silkies from Catdance and Blue Wheaton Ameraucanas from Peachick ..... So maybe a trade will be in order???!!!
droolin.gif
fl.gif
That is of course if my eggs hatch .......

Quote:
Nd I'm not far..... Over in Oceanside,CA! Small world!

jumpy.gif
Completed my second candling tonight and still have 22 strong babies so far... Going into lockdown next Tuesday,
wee.gif
woot.gif
Now got to figure out where they are going to live now LOL

Yeah how fun that this has turned into the SoCal thread!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

I'm from SoCal too!!! Born and raised there. Then this handsome young Marine came along and asked me to marry him and told me that we'd be moving to Virginia "for 2 years." We just celebrated our 20th anniversary and I'm still in Virginia! He's normally good with numbers... I kid him that he lost a decimal point somewhere!

Anyways... I'm still a California girl at heart!

Quote:

I'm from SoCal too!!! Born and raised there. Then this handsome young Marine came along and asked me to marry him and told me that we'd be moving to Virginia "for 2 years." We just celebrated our 20th anniversary and I'm still in Virginia! He's normally good with numbers... I kid him that he lost a decimal point somewhere!

Anyways... I'm still a California girl at heart!
Lol. I'm a Florida girl that met an Army guy, and have been ALL over. This is our 6th place of residence. Lol

Back
Top Bottom