Setting Eggs tonite - due to hatch March 2nd, Anyone want to join in?

I believe candling is suppose to be the 7th, 14th and right before lockdown? That is always when I did it. This is my 6th year. Mine are suppose to hatch March 2nd also.

I was going to refrain from candling until day 10, but I couldn't resist. Today is day 10 so I am going to week out the clear eggs. I think I have 3. Good luck with your hatch!!

I am a little nervous about this hatch because I work full time and I happen to have somewhere to be each night from day 18-20 which means I will be home at 9:00 pm each night. I might try to rig up a webcam or work from home day 21.

I just discovered this thread. My hatch is also due March 2-3. I set 42 eggs, all shipped eggs from Kansas, Pennsylvania, and Georgia. I candled yesterday and removed 7 eggs that were not fertile. I have Maran and Ameracauna eggs in the incubator, and I say, it is next to impossible to see through a Maran egg. I removed one that had no action, not even an air pocket, but I can't see well enough on the others so I am keeping them in. The Maran eggs have weird shaped air pockets, but the others look pretty much normal. If 50% of the eggs hatch, I will feel that it has been successful. I try too keep my humidity at about 30%, but it is hard. It wants to go lower. This is the earliest I've hatched, and I do have a wood stove. Maybe the external air is making it hard to keep the humidity up.

I can't keep my humidity down and I have hardly any moisture in there at all. Every other year, I was like you and could not keep it up.

How high is too high for incubating? Any suggestions on how to get it down and keep it down. It wants to sit at about 65%. I am trying to keep the temp. down to 99 degrees to offset the humidity - relative humidity.

I can't keep my humidity down and I have hardly any moisture in there at all. Every other year, I was like you and could not keep it up.

How high is too high for incubating? Any suggestions on how to get it down and keep it down. It wants to sit at about 65%. I am trying to keep the temp. down to 99 degrees to offset the humidity - relative humidity.

65% is okay

Being in the second week is a killer. I want to candle now instead of waiting 3 more days. I'm never that excited about the first candle because seeing the progress is so iffy. But this second one will tell a lot. :)

I am down to 8 eggs from 11. I have 3 Buff Brahma, 2 Speckled Sussex and 3 Light Sussex left. I had a big scare today. I came home and the bater read 108! I got the temp down and candled tonight. All were still moving, so I hope they are ok. 4 days till lock down!!!!!! Good luck everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom