Setting eggs week of 10/1

I'd love to set with you! I should be setting some eggs from my birds in four or five days when I have them all collected. If it's chicken eggs you're setting, 99.5 degrees and 30-50% humidity. I did 40-50% this last time and it worked fine :)

Ok great hopefully my eggs will be coming in wednesday or thursday and then I will know what 12 different kinds of breeds I will be getting in the twenty four eggs. Ya I am going to set my humdity around 50-55 i heard that is a good range and i always set my temperature at 99.5

Well, I'm about to start collecting eggs from my hens for setting. They just moved into their new coop so hopefully the change doesn't stop them from laying. Do you know what breeds are in your assortment or is it a surprise?

Ok cool my eggs are an assortment of twenty four eggs the ad says I am guarenttted twelve different breeds and when they come in the will have a marking ok. The eggs and then an I'd card to match with them.

Hi there!
We will be starting to gather eggs today! May I join in !?

Setting them Sunday the 7th, gathering another 5 days and setting the following friday... Testing two different incubators?

This will honestly be my very first hatch! Im so stinkin excited! Lol. So much to learn, ill probably need lots of advise..... Ive had chickens awhile but have yet to hatch any out.

Im starting with my Barred Rocks, 5 nice hens that I raised from chicks and my roo "Rocky"!

I''m setting 24 @ noon today. 18 are going into a homemade cooler bater, and 6 will go into a LG that I'm using for the first time. Both are going to be used dry until lockdown. Eggs are a mix so I don't know what the results will be. Good Luck to all.

I'm setting 24 Catdance silkies tonight (10/3.) I'm doing a dry hatch because after trying the "by the book" way I had soaking wet/sticky chicks that hatched. Also had a few that drowned. Nathanya 50-55% is too high to run the humidity during the first 18 days. You want to keep the humidity in the high 30's to low 40's for incubation. Then bump to the 50's for lockdown. Any higher than that and you risk the egg's air cells being too small and the chicks drowning when they internally pip. Use the air cell size to judge if you need more or less humidity when you candle on day 7 and 14. Too small of an air cell and you need to reduce the humidity. Too large of an air cell and you need to raise it up a bit.

Last edited:
hscmorgans this is only my third time hatching eggs I have done chicken eggs and quail before it is a lot of fun. However for the humidity I heard that it should atleast be 50% from a couple different sources and then for lockdown 65-75%. Hopefully my eggs are coming in tommorow and I will set them Friday.

My eggs just came in today and I took them out of their shipping box and I am going to let them settle overnight and then I am going to set the eggs in the afternoon tommorow.

Back
Top Bottom