Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

I have had such great development I have not been nervous at all. Now that I am in lockdown I keep thinking none are going to hatch. Why oh why are my nerves starting to show themselves now.......
it's that new parent feeling all over again! I've had it with all my babies, whether it be my kiddos or puppies or chickens etc...
jumpy.gif

I am so nervous about none hatching too ... this is my second time using my home made incubator ..the first batch didn't make it due to a power outage for quite awhile for a line repair and a bad temp fluncuation ... and then the light bulb blew on these guys for that little while ...
idunno.gif

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
yippiechickie.gif
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
so here's praying good hatching for all of us

i am gonna hate lock down no turning no candling no talking to them except thru the glass !!!
sad.png
silly huh?!?

http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/ Great forum! I buy weird plants from the barter section all the time. We have some Pineapple Crush strawberries that we got from someone on that site. Solid white strawberry that taste like pineapple. Love love love them!

Oh, I've seen pics of the Pineapple strawberries, Way too cool!!!! I'm off to work but can't wait to get home and check that site out, thanks a ton Chris and Karen!!! Hope you all have a wonderful day!!! I've got 5 days off after today so I'm super excited to get today behind me!!!!

Luckily we live on 600 acres so room is not a problem. I have so many people that want chicks I can sell as many as I need to. Space is not a problem.....feed bills on the other hand..........

More pics just for fun!

I swear sometimes he does it just for fun..........

This was a warm day in Feb. I snowed a couple days later.
Love your goat junkinstuff!

Also very envious of your land...lol!

I am on day 18, and will go into lockdown tonight. I set mine at midnight on 11th/12th July, so probably should have locked down last night, but I did read that some people only lockdown once they hear chirping/see pips (internal or external, not sure). I cannot hear or see any movement in my eggs, but I can see that some have chicks inside them - my torch is rubbish. I am going to remove the clear ones tonight and get the humidity up on the rest for lockdown then.

I wanted to ask before I candle again - do white chicks look very pale through the shell, or dark like any other chick? Just don't want to chuck any viable eggs when I can only see a light coloured shadow. It is most probably the yolk in an undeveloped egg rather than a white chick, right?

I also have one egg which looks dark inside, but the air sac is mobile like it is still floating in liquid. I suspect that the dark shadow is bacteria and not chick - has anyone had this before? The air bubble moves to the top of the egg when I rotate it in my hand. It doesn't smell bad.

Just hoping I get some babies from this lot! I have another batch in a home-made incubator that I will put into the Brinsea to hatch. This lot is I think 5 days behind the first lot.

Good luck to everyone, and I hope we all have success!!

Back
Top Bottom