Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

shelbear81

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 16, 2012
Northeast, PA
Ok, everyone, I am setting my eggs tomorrow and I am super nervous for my first hatch!! Thought it would be good to get some support seeing as how the eggs have to make it through Friday the 13th... Anyone with me??

Trying again is the only answer. i have some veining in eggs that still have roaming air cells from the postal gorillas. So it can work. Heck I have one egg from the busted hatch that went to 113 that is still going. I don't usually give up until a fat lady sings well. Im fat and I sing poorly, I'll know the difference. chuckle. My Mad Hatchers Batch is rolling right along, old eggs, refrigerated eggs, dirty eggs, misshapen eggs, over heated eggs, and there is detectable veining in a lot of them. I won't toss until at least day 14, some embryos are just too hard to see. I'll candle again in a few days, just because it makes me happy. Don't know if that last chick from the busted hatch is going to hatch properly but I will give him a chance. You can do it, it takes luck and practice. its worth it in the end. Best of luck next time!

AHHHHHH!!! I have 1 pip! So excited!!!
celebrate.gif
(mini tribal!), come on 7 more!!

just found this tread! I set a dozen and 1/2 silkie eggs in 7/13....and here I am up at 4am PST (not because the Olympics are on) but because I had my 1st PIP at 9pm last night...NOW.....looks like I have 5 breaking through right now....so excited
So jealous!! I set 8 silkie eggs and had a failed hatch at day 7.... congrats!!! I want to see pics ASAP!! lol I will live vicariously
wee.gif

Well I'm irritated with the LC again this morning. So last night I noticed my temps all over the place again, granted I had made some minor adjustments but this morning after a cup of coffee, I figure out the fan had stopped working. So I cranked the hot water in the shower, lugged the bator to the bathroom and pulled my 6 chicks and got the loose wire going to the fan again, this also happened last hatch, the chicks get their heads and necks up into the wire and make the fan stop. Fingers and toes crossed I still get more chick, had a total of 39 in there but never candled passed day 10 and had a few iffy ones then. Nothing is leaking or smells bad, well other than the normal icky bator smell of hatched chicks. I did see at least 2 pips. Hoping the more regular temp and fan will move them along. Next year I will use the LGs to incubate but will make something different for hatching, something with more head room for the chicks!!!

oops that should be LG not LC, lol..... Still need more coffee!!!

Final Silkie count 12 total....this is the 1st six in the brooder. I got 2 porcelain,1 lavender,2 black,1 white,1 partridge,2 blue,3 splash
came home to a frizzled white bantam cochin and 2 more on thier way.

That is awesome, and thanks for the preview for me, I hope my hatch is as good as yours! You are right, her colors are gorgeous

Today is day 21 for my eggs, and I've still got nothing- not even 1 little pip. Usually by now I've at least woken up to a pip or chick. So disappointing. At this point, I'd be happy with just 1 baby :(

Ok, so I posted this up and left shortly after to run some errands (in a funk, mind you!). I just got home a little while ago, and as I was putting my groceries away I heard a "peep, peep", so of course I immediately pressed my nose to the window on my bator. Its official! I've FINALLY got my first pip! I felt so dejected this morning the last thing I wanted to do was be down again because my bator isn't doing anything. But its there, and its peeping and rocking and I'm back to being super excited again. I guess it never crossed my mind that I sat them later in the day then I usually do (um-dumb!). The first pip is in one of my B/B/S eggs, I can't wait to see what comes out!!! Go baby, go!!!

Back
Top Bottom