Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

shelbear81

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 16, 2012
Northeast, PA
Ok, everyone, I am setting my eggs tomorrow and I am super nervous for my first hatch!! Thought it would be good to get some support seeing as how the eggs have to make it through Friday the 13th... Anyone with me??

me, me!!!
frow.gif

will be setting friday or saturday, depending on when my eggs come in!!

I'm running a staggered hatch, so I should set eggs fri/ sat as well. I'm an old hatcher, so I'm used to playing around a bit. These are a Mad hatcher's Batch. Over-heated, refrigerated and old. Dirty or misshapen eggs all just to see what hatches, learn something and prove to my daughter that they can, will and do hatch. My first hatch this season was busted up by a power outage I lost about half the eggs. Some are still going, so I add more and keep em rolling. Candling yesterday I have at least six still viable. Add the few dozen about to show up and it will be nice and full. Good luck with your hatchs.

What kind of incubators do you have? Mine's homemade.

celebrate.gif
set my eggs this morning in my little giant... all the air cells detached in transit so I left the turner off and won't turn it on for like 5 days... this is my very first hatch so i hope i am doing it right!!! lol

Glad to have ya both on board!!! Walkswithdogs I can't wait to see what comes outta your rebel hatch!! lol

celebrate.gif
set my eggs this morning in my little giant... all the air cells detached in transit so I left the turner off and won't turn it on for like 5 days... this is my very first hatch so i hope i am doing it right!!! lol

Glad to have ya both on board!!! Walkswithdogs I can't wait to see what comes outta your rebel hatch!! lol
Did you let your eggs settle before you set them? I did my last batch and I'm not sure if it helped. Not turning on the egg turner might help more than letting them settle.

Did you let your eggs settle before you set them? I did my last batch and I'm not sure if it helped. Not turning on the egg turner might help more than letting them settle.
yeah, but it was only like 12 hours... i couldn't take it anymore... lol I will leave the turner off for .... days lol However long i can take it i guess!!

yeah, but it was only like 12 hours... i couldn't take it anymore... lol I will leave the turner off for .... days lol However long i can take it i guess!!
That sounds just like me!! I think this last batch I left out for 12 hours (maybe only 10), but then I put them in the bator with the egg turner on. This time I'll leave the egg turner off for a few days.

Just checked on my eggs, they should be here today or tomorrow. USPS tracking sux! How hard can it be to keep track of a number in a system?!?!?!?

I have eggs coming in on Friday and will be setting Sat morning, can I join? I leave them at least 24 hours before putting in the bater. Silver and Gold Laced Brahmas. These are replacement eggs for a batch that got banged up in shipping. My egg guy is the best!

Can I join? I just had my little bantam go broody today. Just barely switched her 4 golf balls for 8 real eggs. :D

Back
Top Bottom