Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

Well I'm irritated with the LC again this morning. So last night I noticed my temps all over the place again, granted I had made some minor adjustments but this morning after a cup of coffee, I figure out the fan had stopped working. So I cranked the hot water in the shower, lugged the bator to the bathroom and pulled my 6 chicks and got the loose wire going to the fan again, this also happened last hatch, the chicks get their heads and necks up into the wire and make the fan stop. Fingers and toes crossed I still get more chick, had a total of 39 in there but never candled passed day 10 and had a few iffy ones then. Nothing is leaking or smells bad, well other than the normal icky bator smell of hatched chicks. I did see at least 2 pips. Hoping the more regular temp and fan will move them along. Next year I will use the LGs to incubate but will make something different for hatching, something with more head room for the chicks!!!

Well I'm irritated with the LC again this morning. So last night I noticed my temps all over the place again, granted I had made some minor adjustments but this morning after a cup of coffee, I figure out the fan had stopped working. So I cranked the hot water in the shower, lugged the bator to the bathroom and pulled my 6 chicks and got the loose wire going to the fan again, this also happened last hatch, the chicks get their heads and necks up into the wire and make the fan stop. Fingers and toes crossed I still get more chick, had a total of 39 in there but never candled passed day 10 and had a few iffy ones then. Nothing is leaking or smells bad, well other than the normal icky bator smell of hatched chicks. I did see at least 2 pips. Hoping the more regular temp and fan will move them along. Next year I will use the LGs to incubate but will make something different for hatching, something with more head room for the chicks!!!

oops that should be LG not LC, lol..... Still need more coffee!!!

I'm new to this forum--saw a pix with a chick sitting in marbles....can someone please explain? Just hatched 6 chicks the old fashioned way--sort of... fun... I'm not saavy enough to send pix... sorry :-(

I'm new to this forum--saw a pix with a chick sitting in marbles....can someone please explain? Just hatched 6 chicks the old fashioned way--sort of... fun... I'm not saavy enough to send pix... sorry :-(

The marbles have been placed into the water to prevent the chicks from drowning. Keeps the water shallow.

Sorry about the pic....the reptiro incubator has a light that gives off a "black light" glo......I have the eggs in cut down egg cartons....paper works best with a hole at the bottom for air flow.I did a dry hatch and it's working out awesome
I was gonna build a bator this winter, but i've been reading some great reviews for the reptipro. Seriously thinking about getting one and building later (after we get our house built where we'll actually have room for one). It's such a neat looking little bator!

Checked a bit ago had 5-6 pips out of 14 .. so excited ... hoping all is smooth sailing from here .. so anxious too this is only my second hatch in this homemade incubator and the first one failed when they were about 2 weeks in due to power having to be fixed .... everyone's chicks are so adorable !!!!

He's out, He's out!! Yay. I took a pic, but you can barely see him. will take a better one later. He's flopping around trying to get on his feet. yay! I'll leave the other eggs in for a few days to see if maybe there's a few late starters. Although, still no pips in any of the others

Back
Top Bottom