Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

Joan- thats great I love to hear about kids getting involved and learning about nature!!!

Junk- you have amazing animals!!! The cat is so pretty... great pics!! thanks for sharing!!

I will be without internet for a couple days so take care everyone and hopefully when i get back i will have pics of all the babies i have!!

Thank you so much! I do love our critters!

The cat is my daughters Rag Doll. He is an inside cat, that loves to walk outside everyday on his harness. He absolutely loves the chickens and goats and thinks he should be able to join them whenever he wants. My 12 year old Jack Russell Terrier and my Bloodhound love the animals also. Matilda the houndog is the best poultry dog ever. I tell her to round up the keets if they are wondering too far and she is so smooth the way she brings them back home. She walks way around them acting like she is not paying any attention and then slowly just walks towards them until they head home. I was so worried about a bloodhound and chickens and she has just become the leader of the flock. She spends all day laying outside in the sun with chickens all around her. I just wish she did not spend all night laying next to us in the bed.....LOL If she stayed outside at night she would be the best livestock guardian dog ever. She just won't stay outside at night at all. She becomes the worlds biggest wuss when the sun goes down and won't even go outside by herself. ;-)

Ok I am down to 5 egss now from 24 that i set on the 11th of July. Here's a short video of one that I candled.
I wish mine were that active and that easy to see. I have 5 that look good, 1 I dropped, and 1 that went bad, 4 I think did not develop and a couple I am not sure about. Why is candling so hard for me?

Love all the pictures! :D

I candled my 24 brahma eggs last night. Looks like 12 out of 24 are developing. Hope we all have beautiful hatches.

Back
Top Bottom