Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

Candled three of our eggs, the white ones since I don't have a light strong enough to do the brown ones, and all three are moving and alive!!
wee.gif

I'm so excited and hope that the brown eggs are just as fertile. So far, letting the broody girl set on the eggs is working great. Far less work than our homemade incubator.

I am glad you are having better luck.

I have been randomly checking eggs as I turn in the Reptipro and I am pretty sure a couple of my Blue Orp x Red Sex Link are not fertile. I just threw a couple in there because my Roo is always mounting them and I was curios what they would look and lay like. 1/2 orp 1/4 New Hampshire 1/4 RIR should be laying machines. The RSL's have only been laying for a month so they might be a little too young. I will candle the others when I turn next.

I thought I would candle my 14 RIW at 4 days. I only saw 3 with veins. It is hard to see. most look like this egg, this is the example at 52 hours. Is it just because they are hard to see in these light brown eggs. Or are these eggs bad. How much longer should I give them. None are stinking. I keep bator at 99. to 101 mainly somewhere in the middle. Humidity is around 47%. I hand turn them 3 times a day. I cant see the ring in mine, just the dark area.

I thought I would candle my 14 RIW at 4 days. I only saw 3 with veins. It is hard to see. most look like this egg, this is the example at 52 hours. Is it just because they are hard to see in these light brown eggs. Or are these eggs bad. How much longer should I give them. None are stinking. I keep bator at 99. to 101 mainly somewhere in the middle. Humidity is around 47%. I hand turn them 3 times a day. I cant see the ring in mine, just the dark area.
I wasn't confident about any of my eggs until about day 7. after that I was able to tell if they weren't growing. at day 3 I left all the eggs in there even if i was 'iffy' about them.

Hey everybody!! Sorry I was MIA for a few days but I have exciting news!! My friends is incubating some D'uccle eggs at her house that we are going to split... well, it is a staggered hatch, we now have 4 adorable babies!!! They are absolutely beautiful!! There are six more that are set to hatch next week and they look awesome!!
We thought we were only going to have 3 then one of the ones that we thought were set for next week hatched in the turner last night!!!! Crazy couple days, but amazing!! I finally was witness to a fluffy butt fight its way into the world!!
I am so glad everyone's eggs are doing good!!
Junk!! Where are the pics of your roo?? I wanna see!!
I am on cloud nine right now!! Plus, a wonderful lady saw a post I wrote about my failed hatch and she has silkies chicks!! I may get some as early as next weekend!! Chicken life is good right now!!

Hey everybody!! Sorry I was MIA for a few days but I have exciting news!! My friends is incubating some D'uccle eggs at her house that we are going to split... well, it is a staggered hatch, we now have 4 adorable babies!!! They are absolutely beautiful!! There are six more that are set to hatch next week and they look awesome!!
We thought we were only going to have 3 then one of the ones that we thought were set for next week hatched in the turner last night!!!! Crazy couple days, but amazing!! I finally was witness to a fluffy butt fight its way into the world!!
I am on cloud nine right now!! Plus, a wonderful lady saw a post I wrote about my failed hatch and she has silkies chicks!! I may get some as early as next weekend!! Chicken life is good right now!!
So glad things are looking up! Can't wait to see pics of your little fluff balls!

SO happy for you! I want to see pics of your fuzzy butts.

I promise to post pics tomorrow of my big roo. He is such a beautiful boy. Picking up 2 new BCM cockerals from Bev Davis lines Wed. Have a 8 week old black copper pullet and 3 blue Marans pullets for them to go with. I am also looking for BCM hatching eggs for my next hatch.

We had such nasty weather today. I loved the rain but the chickens not so much. They finally gave up around 10 this morning and just came on out and looked like wet rats within half an hour. They hide under my boat when it gets really hard. They NEVER go in their coops during the day. I am going to take some pics tomorrow and let you guys see my babies.

SO happy for you! I want to see pics of your fuzzy butts.

I promise to post pics tomorrow of my big roo. He is such a beautiful boy. Picking up 2 new BCM cockerals from Bev Davis lines Wed. Have a 8 week old black copper pullet and 3 blue Marans pullets for them to go with. I am also looking for BCM hatching eggs for my next hatch.

We had such nasty weather today. I loved the rain but the chickens not so much. They finally gave up around 10 this morning and just came on out and looked like wet rats within half an hour. They hide under my boat when it gets really hard. They NEVER go in their coops during the day. I am going to take some pics tomorrow and let you guys see my babies.
Are they gonna look like drowned rats???
lau.gif
I love funny chicken pics!! Seriously though, I have been thinking about your rooster all day!! Is there a real difference between the black copper and the other marans??

Candled three of our eggs, the white ones since I don't have a light strong enough to do the brown ones, and all three are moving and alive!!
wee.gif

I'm so excited and hope that the brown eggs are just as fertile. So far, letting the broody girl set on the eggs is working great. Far less work than our homemade incubator.

Tried candling my brown ones too last night. They are too dark to see anything, besides the air sac. Although it does not like one has not developed at all. So a possible 3 out of 4 from the first batch may be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom