Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

I just candled my eggs, I can see 5 of the 14 are developing. I will give a couple more days before I remove the others. I can see the embryo moving in them. New at this it is the dark spot and it moves up and down while sitting on my candler. Is this the heart beat?

I just candled my eggs, I can see 5 of the 14 are developing. I will give a couple more days before I remove the others. I can see the embryo moving in them. New at this it is the dark spot and it moves up and down while sitting on my candler. Is this the heart beat?
what day are you on?? It could be the heartbeat or it could be the embryo moving, just depends on how far along they are...

They went in on Sunday July 15 at 12 noon. To me mine look more like day 6 on that link.

Last edited:
I want to candle mine...i thinking to candle my duck eggs on day 12, it will be day 5 for my show girl eggs... But then i thinkperhaps wait for day 10 on my showgirl/silkie eggs which will be day 17 for my ducks.... Ugh.... I dont know if i can wait that long lol

They went in on Sunday July 15 at 12 noon. To me mine look more like day 6 on that link.
that sounds about right... YAY!!
celebrate.gif
That's good!!

Should be no problem. Might adjust your hatch day up a little but I bet most will be fine.

OK Picture overload time.

Blue Marans Pullets English Lines so no feathered shanks.
beachchickens071.jpg

Cuckoo Marans Cockeral
beachchickens050.jpg

Guinea Flock horse barn in Background
beachchickens042.jpg

beachchickens182.jpg

The Man The Myth Little Boy Blue 100% English Blue Orpington
beachchickens249.jpg

beachchickens240.jpg

beachchickens031.jpg

beachchickens019.jpg

beachchickens141.jpg