Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

I've got 8 in lockdown (technically 10, but I'm pretty sure 2 were quitters), when i was candling last night to check on air cells, I saw one little beak pipped through internally. This morning when I put the humidifier in there i could hear little cheeps! Hopefully I have a few babies in a day or three!
fl.gif

Here's my pics for today. Babies #2 and #3. Unfortunately, baby #1 drowned in her water last night, even though I thought it was shallow enough. :( But we have a new one now that should be better for the remaining two. I'm off later today to get my next batch of eggs. This is seriously addictive. :D Baby #2 #3 New waterer [COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]
Too cute congrats!

Thanks everyone!

Junkinstuff - Thanks for the offer. I'm really not sure what to do just yet. I really wanted a few more Brahmas, then start on a second breed - D'uccles. Just love feathered feet. But I am so disheartened right now.

But I am happy with and love my Brahmas. I have 2 light, 1 dark and 1 buff. The buff can be fickle and is a crossbreed...but the seller still firmly states that Brahmas can have grey skin. The lights are like twins...they never leave each others side, almost mimic each other. And the dark (the smallest) is the alpha plus the runt that was shrink wrapped and I spent two hours slowing peeling her shell off. She my miracle baby.
But you know, I can't seem to pick names for them. Its been driving my kids crazy. They will suggest something, and I'll be like "nope doesn't fit".
idunno.gif

Caribear - I like the water-er idea. I haven't seen it before.

I just fill the tray with smooth rocks and water. That way they can not fall in but their beaks can fit through the rock spaces. But I am constantly cleaning it out. But that's okay, just mean fresh water.

Congrats to all with chicks!!!! Sorry for all that lost chick or had no hatches. I went into lock down later Sunday night, got up Monday morning to find the bator running at 98*, gave her a tiny bump, then got home 15 hrs later to find them running at 102.7* grrrrrr...................... Got it all worked out now, but not sure if I cooked the kids or not. Time will tell.....................

Back
Top Bottom