Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

I cheated, and candled. Little one is moving really well and appears fully developed now. She has not broken through to the air sac yet.

How much longer do I wait?

I cheated, and candled. Little one is moving really well and appears fully developed now. She has not broken through to the air sac yet.

How much longer do I wait?
I'm gonna give mine until Sunday. That'll be day 25 for me for this batch. If nothing more happens then I'll candle them, if they're still moving I might try to assist and see what I get. If they're not moving then I'll just send them back to Mother Nature!

Day 24 is the day I will help from now on. I lost a few that I know would have been fine if I would have gone ahead and helped.

My chicks are growing SO fast. Some will be 2 weeks tomorrow. Their feathers are growing in so fast. They are still in their panic at everything mode. Can't wait for that to be over.

Bear is ging on 2 weeks here, I got 5 out of this last hatch. 1 died less than 24 hrs old, 1 is still real week (my last to hatch), over 48 hours old now, the other 3 are just fine. 4 eggs didn't hatch. I'm gonna be real good and maybe Santa will bring me a new incubator for Christmas!

Bear is ging on 2 weeks here, I got 5 out of this last hatch. 1 died less than 24 hrs old, 1 is still real week (my last to hatch), over 48 hours old now, the other 3 are just fine. 4 eggs didn't hatch. I'm gonna be real good and maybe Santa will bring me a new incubator for Christmas!
I gave my lil Runt(late) "Snowflake" 10 drops of the Sav-A-Chick vitamins & electrolytes every 4 hours....rest only 5 drops each....after 36 hours...she was up & runnin around with the rest!!

Oh...& we call our 1st htaclin "Bear" also....he has what looks like a "Bear Paw Print" on the back....lol

Im lookin for another incubator too...gonna try out the "shipped eggs" thangie...lol
Ordered a dozen of the Phoenix Long Tails ***Crossin Fingers** they will arrive intake & healthy!!

Quote: My little runt has been drinking water with poly visol w/o iron. Drinking lots of it. I'll have to keep him separate from Bear and my 1st 2 hatched (two face & B.B.). He seems to be alright with the other one who only hatched out a few hours before him. Figured I'd keep them together as long as he's not getting picked on.

Good luck on your shipped eggs. I will try hatching again, but I really want a new bator first. I'm gonna sell this one (which I don't think is worth much, but it does have a brand new egg turner in it.) Maybe I can get a little for it to put in a bator fund! Not sure I can wait till Christmas!

I love my Reptipro 5000 would love to have the flush mounted fan that the 6000 has. Just make sure you do your homework. Little things like the temp gradient from top to bottom and such. If using 2 shelves you need to rotate top and bottom each day. Also since it is a fridge style incubator you need to actually open it a bunch during lockdown to let in fresh oxygen.

Best thread about the 5000 and 6000 https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/616987/reptipro-5000-hatch-a-long

I also love my Genesis. Pretty much set em and forget em if you have a turner. Mine is so rock solid. I love them both and am very happy with both.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom