Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

shebear- Please change title. I think that a good idea. Lets call it the hatching buddies thread. Or the July 2012 Hatching club....... Oh you'll think of something cool!
Hey Everyone!!! Finally have internet at my new house, and have found all the parts to my computer in the various boxes around my house!!! lol So happy to be back in the land of technology and the world of chicken lovin!!!
Chris- I would love to change the title but I have no idea how!!! If anyone knows how to do that let me know!! Thanks

I take all mine out. I just do it real fast. They are like little clumsy Godzillas! I also have another incubator to put them in to finish drying off. If you have some place nice and stable to move it, I say go for it.

So happy you got fuzzy butts popping out!

Congrats to everybody with chicky chicks! It's a great feeling.

I found a guinea nest yesterday and have 12 eggs in the incubator.
Clumsy Godzillas!!
yuckyuck.gif

Here are a few pics of my 3 out in the brooder. I'm gonna give my 2 little ones another day before I get them out and take pics. (I saw Runt running across the tank today! Bearing weight on both legs!)

Here is Bear. I'm thinking he's a he.

This is Two Face (1/2 yellow beak 1/2 black)

This is BB- blonde beau or blonde babe (thinking s/he is crested)

OMG!!! They are so freaking cute!!! LOVE BEAR!!! He is really super cute!!

So I have some eggs coming this week! I know I said I wasn't going to hatch anymore until spring, but guess what happened the day after I sold my bator?!?!?! My GLW went broody! I just hope she's serious cause I have some Swedish Flower Hen eggs coming and no bator if she decides to give up. So where's the new hatch thread? Anyone set any this week or next week?

Well I started lockdown today on the white & buff silkies eggs.....I think I have 7 solid prospects of the 2 dozen I got in from across the country....Thank YOU very much US postal service...hahaa to you ,I knew you would scrabble them...that is why I ordered 2 dozen
barnie.gif

anyway, hoping I see a few of them
jumpy.gif

Just got back from beach. Took 9 hours to do a 5 hour trip today. SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelbear- WELCOME BACK TO TECHNOLOGY!! Glad you made it back.

I got home came upstairs to put the Lav Orp Eggs into lockdown and the incubator was 70 degrees. I almost cried. My son or niece somehow turned off the surge protector. I don't know when it happened but it was in the last 24 because the highest reading for the day was 100. I have my fingers crossed but have a feeling I have 13 dead guineas and 5 dead orps. We will see if anything hatches in 3 days.

The good news for the day. Found a really nice family in NC and picked up. 3 10 week Bev Davis, Wade Jeane lines Black Copper Marans Hens and a 14 week Cockerel. Two 3 day old white guineas and two lavender. A 14 week Lavender Orpington Cockerel and four 4 week old Lavender Chicks. A 4 week old White Crested Blue Polish hen to go with my White Crested that I hatched last time. So will eventually have White Crested Blue, Black and Splash Polish...so happy. Oh and also picked up 4 hatched this morning buff orps. The parents were absolutely beautiful. The original stock is show stock from somewhere in Kentucky she is going to send me the line info.

All in all worth the trip, Even with bumper to bumper traffic for hours on end with huge backups in torrential rains. Felt bad for the chickens stuck in boxes for a long time but they all settled in great!

Here are a few pics of my 3 out in the brooder. I'm gonna give my 2 little ones another day before I get them out and take pics. (I saw Runt running across the tank today! Bearing weight on both legs!)

Here is Bear. I'm thinking he's a he.

This is Two Face (1/2 yellow beak 1/2 black)

This is BB- blonde beau or blonde babe (thinking s/he is crested)

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Well...my Phoenix eggs got here Saturday...Amanda sent me 13!!
But ALL has broken air cells & tiny bubbles!!
hit.gif

(3 didnt make it)

Did my research...& found out that can still htach

So I let them settle 24 hours & put them in the bottom of the bator for 5-7 days (NO TURNIN)

Hope I get a few to hatch!!
fl.gif

Good Luck to everyone!!!

Same thing here. Ordered 2 separate batches of silkies. One got here with no problems and eggs are developing nicely. The second batch is full of bubbles and only one developing.

Both boxes came from sellers in Michigan, both were labeled with eggs, do not x-ray and live embryos and both came the same week and both packed beautifully. Makes no sense why only one had rough handling.

Hi everyone, I haven't posted because I was so upset with my hatch. I had 11 viable eggs, 2 hatched by themselves all the rest were shrink wrapped or dead. 3 didn't even pip the air cell but were right there. I had 4 that had pipped and I left them for more than 12 hours. I then opened the air cell and they were dried but alive. I opened the eggs enough for them to breath and they were so weak they couldn't get out. Of the 2 that hatch by themselves one had club feet, so I have wrapped the legs and taped the feet to turn them out at the ankle. It's doing OK. I had a beautiful silver laced that just never thrived and after 5 days of taking care of her day and night and totally falling in love with her she died. No more hatching for me this year. I have 4 gold laced brahmas from this last hatch. I will post pics of my Special Education (Sped) hatch I'm calling it because I had runts, 1 with part of the yock still unabsorbed and another normal one that just died for no apparent reason, club foot chick and my precious baby silver laced that died
hit.gif
I am SO sorry about your hatch. That's so awful! It's so hard when you get so attached to the little darlings!
hugs.gif

Willow

So much news!

My 10 week old Old English Game bantam CROWED!
D.gif
so now he is off to live with my friend and is learning the fine art of humility from her rooster LOL! He's doing very well with her flock of 14, and has 3 friends his own age to play with. No other banties though :(

We shuffled off 12 of the new little babes to her place as well, the brooders were getting full of HUGE chicks! They are doing well outside in the day. She brings them in at night, as it goes down to 10C here!

So now I have 3 teenagers and 6 chicks left!

The teenagers I know their breeds, and 3 of the new ones are barnyard beauties from a different farm, but the other 3 new chicks are all mixed purebred. There is only one daddy and we're told he is a purebred Ameraucana (see below for actual pic of him... can anyone tell me what color he is?) and that the mommies are all different kinds of purebreds but we have no idea what they are! They lay all different kinds of eggs, some small white, some peach, green, pink, dark brown spotted, you name it! I'll have to get a breed book and look them up... unless anyone can help us identify breeds and/or colors? Some of you guys have probably seen everything! I hope because of their daddy, they'll all be easter eggers? There was only one Ameraucana mom, and she lay teal eggs. The only one of those that hatched died, so we know all of them are crosses.

Baby Daddy

Miracle's Egg - She was shrink-wrapped!!

Miracle - Smooth legs, no feathers

Miracle - She looks like a vulture here LOL!

Fawn's Egg - Light brown speckledish

Fawn - (S)he has feathery legs

Fawn is on the left next to Barnyard Camilla

Olive's Egg - Light brown speckledish

Baby Olive

Olive - She has blue feathery legs

Olive

Thanks guys!

Willow

Back
Top Bottom