Setting Feb 16, want to join in>Hatch-Along

Woo hoo to the pip above!
I am pretty sure I heard some peeping from the incubator today (from inside the eggs) So awesome.
I hope they are strong enough to hatch.
Susan

Glad everyone is starting to pip and pop
ya.gif

Nothing from my little nuggets yet, but it's not day 20 until 3pm and I candled everyone last night when I had to add water to the trays (I was in a very steamy bathroom :p when I did this, haha). They were all moving last night and there were no internal pips so I think it's safe to do other things today :)

Last edited:
Mammat,
OMG...adorable!

Just have to say I thank whoever came up with the idea of "hatch a longs"...love to hear what is happening with everyone. It takes up some of my time when I am not checking out the incubator! I am pretty sure that since i will be gone tomorrow for most of the day...then off for spring break for a week, they will all decide to make their appearance during the day tomorrow. DH is working from home tomorrow, so I will get to see what his interest is in the whole deal. He loves animals, but he just hasn't been interested in the hatching process as much as I am, so it is putting a dent in my enthusiasm! That's okay, 'cause teenage daughter (17) and I appear to be doing some type of bonding, she was here when the ducks hatched and now is checking them a lot, taking pictures, posting on facebook, emailing pics. Keeps asking about the chicks too...NOW...what do I do about the 15 y.o. son who says everything opposite of what I say?

Congratulations to those who have little fuzzies!

I seem to be having a humidity issue today. When I came back from the store it was in the 40's. I've covered it with a blanket now and it's back to the low 60's. i hope the chicks are okay.

Mine started to go down yesterday too, but I didn't let it get past 60%. It had been holding 67% so I knew something was up. Turned out my trays were nearly dried up, so I added a lot more warm water to the trays and now it's holding 70%. It'll slowly drop as the days go on, but by then they should be hatching so it'll be bumped up again.

Mammat,
OMG...adorable!

[edit]...NOW...what do I do about the 15 y.o. son who says everything opposite of what I say?

Mammat if you figure that out please share with me! Mine is 16 in a month. It's kind of fun if his Dad and I have opposing opinions, the kid has to agree with one of us then.
Susan

No pips yet from my crew. Only middle of day 19 but I am nervous!!!! I keep staring through the incubator window....

Back
Top Bottom