Setting Feb 16, want to join in>Hatch-Along

I have two pips!!!
wee.gif

Here's a few pics. 2 have pipped on the bottom but seem to be doing fine cause the one has it's beak out and the other I can hear peeping. Then one of the little fuzzies!

My hatch cam is now LIVE for anyone interested. Two pips so far ^_^ It's the end of day 20/18!

The link is in my signature
jumpy.gif

This morning started day 21 for me! Nothing yet!!!! I am kind of freaking out because I know I should not touch anything but I am dying to know what's happening in there! I am home quick for lunch.

I candled mine during lockdown....just move the 'bator to a steamy bathroom and be quick. I just did it last night and woke up to two pips!

I know I should have left them but I couldn't resist! I candled them QUICK in my steamed-up bathroom. Here's a pic I took of one of my blue silkie eggs.

EDITED VERSION

Two of my three silkie eggs looked like this! It's like the veins are gone (yolk absorbing?!) and the chick is maybe to one side and maybe internally pipped?? I hope these pics are clear. What do you all think?

I know I should have left them but I couldn't resist! I candled them QUICK in my steamed-up bathroom. Here's a pic I took of one of my blue silkie eggs.

EDITED VERSION

Two of my three silkie eggs looked like this! It's like the veins are gone (yolk absorbing?!) and the chick is maybe to one side and maybe internally pipped?? I hope these pics are clear. What do you all think?
That's what mine looked like. I held them up to my ear and talked to them, gently tapped with a fingernail, and I could hear them in there. I have 2 out, and now 4 pipped, and one who hasn't pipped yet, plus 2 in the incubator a few days behind. Officially heating up the brooder now, and crossing my fingers they are hens!
Susan

At least one of the five flock eggs I put under Sparkle, my recently acquired house silkie, started peeping when I checked for pips. Tomorrow is Day 21. (No external pips yet.)

I am so excited!

It's not like it's my first broody or anything, but it IS the only one I've had right in the house... Plus, Sparkle is special.

Okay, everybody in the flock is special. Miss Sparkle is just specialer. :D

Back
Top Bottom