1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

setting hen

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chickenboy, Jun 10, 2007.

1. chickenboy

chickenboy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2007
    Woolwich,ME
    Since my hen is broody and she's sitting on fertilized eggs, should I just let her raise the chicks on her own.

2. Keshiaandadam

Keshiaandadam Cooped Up

Jun 2, 2007
    if she has plenty of room to do it i would strongly recommend letting her its much better that way

3. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    hi wanted to put in my 2 peeps worth.if you have the room there is a great pleasure watching a hen and her babies .they peck for the babies and will protect them .[​IMG]

4. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    I would also let her raise them as they are so fun to watch with momma. On the down side if you want them to be tamer you might have to take them away if momma dosent like you messing with them.

Guess you got her all settled with the fertile eggs ok? Glad to here it. Keep us posted:)

5. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    I would leave them be with momma! It is so much fun watching them. They will Protect them, Feed them, Water them and keep them warm.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by