Setting my eggs 12.3.10...Christmas Chickies who's with me? UPDATE****

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dwegg, Dec 2, 2010.

1. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Got my shipped eggs today. [​IMG] So I am putting them in the bator tomorrow so they will hatch Christmas eve [​IMG] and I'll have fluffy butts for Christmas Day [​IMG] (hopefully) [​IMG]

14x Lemon Blue Cochins and 7x BLRW....

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  2. mustangluvrjen

mustangluvrjen Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2010
    South Cakilaki
    [​IMG] Well mine won't be fuzzy chicks. I have 5 duck eggs to hatch on Christmas [​IMG]

3. justtoni44

justtoni44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    Hi,
    I set to may eggs at 5:00 am this morning.....[​IMG]
    12 EE'S
    4 SLW'S
    13 BLW'S
    Must be out of my mind [​IMG]
    Good luck

4. jsmonasmith

jsmonasmith Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2010
    I just set 7 Black Copper Marans eggs under my broody Dark Cornish. They should arrive on Dec 23rd. This will be my first batch of eggs to try hatching. Hopefully momma does a good job, I tested her by waiting to see if she was really broody, because she faked me out once. She hasn't moved from the nest in 2 weeks now, so she's a broody.

5. ctaynton

ctaynton Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2010
    Eastern Oregon
    I set 13 Blue - Splash French Marans in my incubator on the 26th of Novemeber. I should have babies on the 17th! Good luck to you all:)

6. dwegg

I came home from work today and set mine at 4pm today!...Christmas eve fluffy butts here I come... fingers crossed

7. tgi_chicken

tgi_chicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2010
    Turangi
    I set my first ever set of eggs (8 Orpington Black and grey and a chance of splash shipped) on the the 2nd hoping for a hatch on the 22nd.[​IMG]

8. sheilawagner

sheilawagner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Pacific NorthWest
    My eggs arrived yesterday and the day before, and now I'm setting 24 Silkies and 15 Mille Fleur Cochins bantams today. So total 39. I hope they will all hatch. [​IMG]

All the best to you and I folks. Let's keep a good watch over our babies in the incubators and hope they all come out nice and healthy in time for Christmas. YAY.

9. shabbyfarm

shabbyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    South central Iowa
    Eggs arrived Wednesday !! I just came down stairs from plugging in my incubator to wait for it to warm up, what better way to pass time than reading BYC !!! That is when i found this thread. Planned on sitting some Black Copper Marans eggs tonight. I AM WITH YA !!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  10. dwegg

Yay!!! Welcome and good luck! Ijust pulled out two of my eggs as they were dirty and I didn't want to take the chance.. so now I'm down to 12xcochin and 7x BLRW...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by