Setting my eggs 12.3.10...Christmas Chickies who's with me? UPDATE****

double yolker hatching Christmas eve!!!
big_smile.png

How are the Christmas Chickies doing?? Mine are just rocking back and fourth very slowly ! Just checked them, humidity is at 46% and temperature is 98 degrees. That is not to far off is it?? I am not going to check much more than that. Set and wait and see what happens ,
fl.gif
!! Hope all is well with fellow hatchers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
My eggs seem to be doing just fine, none have cracked and momma's still sitting on them doing her thing, turning them and pecking at anyone who comes near. I've been giving her hard boiled eggs and diced cooked deer liver. The other day I took her out and set her on the ground to let her run around, which she loved, while I cleaned her nest box out. Since I waited so long to set the eggs under her she's been in there for more than three weeks now, so it was getting a little dirty in there. I gave her some new straw and shavings and she settled right back in like she had never moved.

I candled my eggs today, of 7 eggs it looks like only 1 is good. I'm new at candling though so I'm hesitant to remove any of the eggs in case I am wrong. What do you guys think? Are there any risks with leaving them all in there?

I locked down yesterday and took pictures of the process (first time so am a little excited) here is the link to the other post... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=431707

My humidity went to 75% (it's 73% this morning) I couldn't get it down so I left it in the hands of the 'Hatching Gods'..

All is well and my humidity is at 70% and temps are steady at 99.7F...I am happy...roll on Day 21....

Last edited:
Don't hear anything coming from bator yet
idunno.gif
?? Or am i to early ?? They are supposed to jump out of the egg late Christmas Eve ? Shouldn't i be hearing some peeping
fl.gif
?? Are the other Christmas hatchies making any noise yet ??

I'm to the hour on the 21st day right now and still nothing. I've been very patient until now. All day I have been waiting for chicks, checking on her about every hour, good thing since she changed nests today. My other pullets started laying and had made a nice comfy nest next to hers, so she figured she would take the nice fresh one instead of hers. :\\ Grrr! All of them are down for the night, but I am fighting the urge to go out again and check on them, even in spite of the fact that I saw a mountain lion near our yard last night.

Mountain Lion!! Way Cool, i would love to see one. Five chicks out?? Congrats, and good luck on the rest !!! Christmas Eve at 11:00 PM will be 21 days here, Fingers are Crossed !!!

Back
Top Bottom