Setting on Good Friday

krazycow6: That chick
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
is adorable but that mama hen does not look too happy with you...
D.gif

My first incubator just went into lockdown, about 10 minutes ago. I'm hoping for some chicks on Saturday. All 11 Solid Blue Marans that I won from Peachick are developed and I can see a nice crisp air space.....
confetti.gif

I have another incubator full that will be due the following weekend!!

I'm sorry, Maharoni, about your disappointment but at least you have 21 beautiful new chicks. Do you have any pictures?

I have a turkey on day 27
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
looks like a couple of rockers and maybe a couple of pips 3 more turkeys and 11 black coppers to go I'm going over to the neighbors going to go crazy looking at the incubator they never hatch when I'm watching anyways
barnie.gif

UGHHH i had a chick get its foot under the wire mesh in bator. I lifted the lid quickly and forgot i had a flash light in my pockets it fell and hit a egg cracking the shell darn darn darn i held it to ear heard it chirping no blood came out i hope i did not kill him in the long run i closed the lid said a quick prayer. i hate when the hovabator wire mesh starts to curl a bit on the sides gets the poor babies stuck. I have 13 so far out 3 with pips and then another the one I cracked LOL so I must say all and all i am so happy it is my first realy realy great hatch. I have several feathered feet ones so i am happy,

Hugs to all Starry

Good evening everyone. My first batch of the season didn't go so well. I ended up with 10 eggs that made it to lockdown. I have 5 babies. I just moved the second batch to the hatcher. There are 12 duck eggs (5 Rouen & 7 Rouen x Pekin x Rouen mixes), 18 RIR mixes, and 30 Coturnix quail. In one incubator, I still have 40 Coturnix due 5/9 and 28 RIR mixes due 5/12. In the other incubator, I have 11 RIR mixes due 5/1, 8 ducks (4 each Rouens and Rouen x Pekin x Rouen mix), 17 Seramas due 5/8. and 6 RIR mixes due 5/12. Hopefully these next hatches will be better.

well had 16 out of 21 hatch One made a big whole and iI could see his beak and some of his face and it looked like yolk ouzing around him and he was dead so thats a first never had one get so far and just die like that. There is 4 left but pretty sure they are not going to hatch 3 were marked iffy when candled at day 18. So it is sad the others did not get hatched but I am happy with my precious 16. Plus I have another bator full and another 50 to go in once I clean up the messy bator later today. how is everyone else doing?

Hugs Starry

I have one with the beak sticking out and ooze around it. It is pushing the shell back with the top of it's head. It seems backwards to me. I thought they worked forward. It didn't zip. It's the first and only pip at the moment. I thought tomorrow was day 21. Do you count the set day as one?
~K

Kipoley ~ I set eggs on April 1st. But it was after 12 noon, so for me April 1st is day 0. I set some more on April 2nd, but once again they went in after lunch .... so they are a day behind the first ones I set. I read on here that if you set in the morning or am ... that counts as day 1 and if you set after lunch or pm that would make it day 0 and the following day would be day 1.

With that said, my fist set of eggs is on day 21 today even though it is the 22 nd. And I have 2 different peeps coming from the bator on occasion. I think it's 2 different ones.
idunno.gif
No pips or zips. I do have eggs that will occasionally rock but I'm not sure they are peeping. I'm just hoping I get some chicks out of this since it is my first time hatching with a bator (well hatching at all really!)
fl.gif
I already pitched some that were not fertile and some that just quit on me. I started with 39 eggs. Out of those, I had 1 explode, about 5 that were not fertile and 5 that quit on me. I have 28 in there now. Not a stellar track record so far
sad.png
... and I can't count my chicks before they hatch! Ha! But I'm optimistic that next time will be better.
wink.png

fl.gif

I'm still waiting for rocking, piping, cheeping...ANY SIGN...that this hatch is progressing. I started with 15 eggs and went into lockdown on Monday with 7 eggs. I set on April 1, so today should be that magic day. On a positive note, the cement contractor poured the slab for my coop yesterday and will set a course of block today. Image my delight when I move 41 chicks out of my garage and into their 12X16 coop.

Yeah, I'll have to charge $100/dozen for my eggs to break even; but let's not even think about that.

fl.gif

Well I went out to the coop to check on the broody she had hatched one and one was half in half out but all fluffed so he was dried to the shell. I got him out and he is under her. This is all new having a hen hatch she is my first broody ever she is sitting on them i dont know how they live lol. I cleaned the hatch bator and letting it get stable and i will add the eggs i hope by tonight.

GOOD LUCK ALL

Starry

Back
Top Bottom