Setting on Good Friday

Came home for lunch today (day 20) and had a pip just had one come out of the egg and 5 more are piped. Hope to wake up in the morning and see more chicks. Wow this one can hardly stop chirping, this is awesome.
celebrate.gif

Last night (day 19) I was candling eggs in the other incubator (due next week) and was sitting there in the dark when I heard some peeping coming from the 'locked down' incubator
47b20s0.gif

This morning I went in to check on both bators and heard more peeping...
greenstars.gif
This is my first hatch and any success I have in getting chicks it is due to all of the information I have learned on this forum!!!
smile.png

You all are doing great! I love reading the updates. Congrats on all the new babies, and good luck with the remainder yet to hatch!

My hatch with the 6 Icelandic eggs is complete. I have 4 chicks (2 light, 2 dark). One pipped and died, and the last egg has not done anything. I will leave it in another day, just in case. I will get pictures when this last one is all fluffed up. These are very special chicks, with parents hatched from eggs that came from an uninhabited island (for 60 years) in Iceland! Very special, indeed!

I have 2 fuzzy butts hatched and almost dry in there today!
smile.png
Of course they are W-I-L-D in there and knocking the unhatched eggs EVERYWHERE!! Should I remove these two once they are completely fluffed out? I have an egg in there that has just piped and it is getting rolled all over and sometimes it is rolled so far over the pip is down on the grate! Naughty little chicks!!
rant.gif
I was just wondering what y'all would do in this situation.

This is my first hatch and mistakes were made - we know which ones we made and have learned our lessons.
hmm.png
Like to buy a reliable thermometer and hydrometer.
he.gif
I don't want to mess with the humidity in there but I was thinking if we got the chicks out quickly (once they are fluffy dry) it may be okay.
idunno.gif
I'm just not sure. Any suggestions?

Those chicks are fine do not open your incubator it will ruin the ones with pips...I know it is very hard not to. I have a turkey that came early in my hatch it's gotta wait until tomorrow night the other eggs are hatching now.

Quote:
I have 3 hydrometer/thermometers in with my eggs plus the thermometer that came with the incubator and none of them are the same
roll.png
. When this is over I am going to calibrate my hydrometers.

Quote:
I have 3 hydrometer/thermometers in with my eggs plus the thermometer that came with the incubator and none of them are the same
roll.png
. When this is over I am going to calibrate my hydrometers.

I know!! I had 3 thermometers and all 3 read different things!
barnie.gif
I will leave them and hope for the best.
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom