Setting some eggs 5-13-15. Looking for some folks to hatch a long with me.

Well I've adjust the incubator some an added another wet washcloth and got the humidity up to 45% at least. Hopefully that will be high enough to slow the weight loss. With the adjustments I believe I can just add more wet cloths as raise the humidity to where it needs to be for hatching, if anything makes it that far. This is a trial and error run for me, my first solo incubator and home made to boot lol. Overall am happy with my work :)

Yay!!! Chick number two hatched, All by itself, whoop whoop so happy that the first chick managed to raise the humidity so much! And now the third little eggs has externally pipped... Woooo

So did another regular candling and 7 outta 7 remaining duck eggs look viable! The two oldest are moving around a good amount. 14 days left supposedly for those 2. They look huge to me.The one goose egg left simply can't tell, very dark in there, can see tiny bit of veins but no movement. So dunno 12- 19 days left for it's possible hatch day. Congrads all who are having successful hatching :)

Ask and you shall receive ;) Not all were in the photo op!

Hedemora and double silver-laced Barnevelder bantams (the striped ones)

Last edited:
Ask and you shall receive ;) Not all were in the photo op! Hedemora and double silver-laced Barnevelder bantams (the striped ones)
Beautiful!! I love chicks!! I had never heard of that bread before, the double silver-laced Barnevelder, so I looked it up....wow!!! Beautiful!!! Will they look like this when they are older?

Catching up on this thread and totally fascinated with the banter on humidity levels, weighing eggs, meddling vs. benign neglect.

This is only my second hatching using the brinsea mini eco advance. It went so well the first time, I am barely thinking about it now. As for meddling? First hatch last year, I had one chick that got "stuck" and I ended helping that chick out of the shell. HE was beautiful, but he had bent wing which is probably why he couldn't finish his zip. He grew big and beautiful but did not survive the winter. pneumonia I think, I nursed him for weeks but ended up putting him down. Moral of the story? He was weak to begin with and I now believe that nature will take it's course. I will not do any helping this time around.

That said, I just removed the turner, topped off the resevoir and put the 'bator into lock down. I have 6 of the original 8 in there, one I am 90% certain is a quitter, one I am 50% sure is also a goner. Now I am on Pip watch and I will NOT interfere this time. :D

Back
Top Bottom