Setting some eggs 5-13-15. Looking for some folks to hatch a long with me.

I have 4 hatched now, and 2 more pipped. Still over half of the chicken eggs with nothing, but it's very early on day 21 for me. Actually it's very late on day 20 I suppose. The turkeys are due any time now but I'm not holding much hope on them. So far my chicks look perfect with good feet and are getting pretty zippy as they dry out. They are rolling all the other eggs around now, which is the part I hate.
Is anybody left here still hatching?
fl.gif
for your turkey eggs. I had six and were 3 super late quitters but 3 hatched and look good. I still have my one shipped peafowl egg and about 22 duck eggs that are on day 25... Oh how I want that peafowl to hatch!! I did get 4 more eggs last week and looks like 3 are fertile and developing!

I have 4 hatched now, and 2 more pipped. Still over half of the chicken eggs with nothing, but it's very early on day 21 for me. Actually it's very late on day 20 I suppose. The turkeys are due any time now but I'm not holding much hope on them. So far my chicks look perfect with good feet and are getting pretty zippy as they dry out. They are rolling all the other eggs around now, which is the part I hate.
Is anybody left here still hatching?
Congrats on your babies! I joined this HAL late, so I'm actually on day 19 with my chicken eggs. I just realized that I better get the brooder ready ASAP because I've read that bantam eggs tend to hatch early. I'm thinking Wednesday. But you never know. You still have lots of hatching to watch! Enjoy!

:fl for your turkey eggs.  I had six and were 3 super late quitters but 3 hatched and look good.  I still have my one shipped peafowl egg and about 22 duck eggs that are on day 25...  Oh how I want that peafowl to hatch!!  I did get 4 more eggs last week and looks like 3 are fertile and developing!

I'm rooting for your pea egg!!! :)

I'm rooting for your pea egg!!!
smile.png

I went to put it in the hatcher with the duck eggs I took out from under the broody turkey tonight (danger) and candled it and it had already quit. So sad, it looks like it just died today. It was totally malpositioned and had quite the weird air cell. So zip on all the shipped peafowl eggs... that might almost stop me from ordering more...

I went to put it in the hatcher with the duck eggs I took out from under the broody turkey tonight (danger) and candled it and it had already quit.  So sad, it looks like it just died today.  It was totally malpositioned and had quite the weird air cell.  So zip on all the shipped peafowl eggs...  that might almost stop me from ordering more...

Oh man that stinks! It can either make you wanna give up or give you more determination to try again! I'm waiting on my neighbors peacocks to pick up laying so I can incubate them for him. I've heard they are hard! With shipped that means double hard! Did you ever try to hatch them in an incubator?

Oh man that stinks! It can either make you wanna give up or give you more determination to try again! I'm waiting on my neighbors peacocks to pick up laying so I can incubate them for him. I've heard they are hard! With shipped that means double hard! Did you ever try to hatch them in an incubator?

I don't seem to be able to hatch any shipped eggs unless they are shipped from nearby : ( I don't think pea eggs are that hard to hatch... incubate them like chicken eggs but on their side. I hatched 4 last year. The eggs I got locally are black shoulder or india blue and I was hoping for white or purple or cameo. There is someone in my state shipping those colors so I might try one more time.

I don't seem to be able to hatch any shipped eggs unless they are shipped from nearby : (   I don't think pea eggs are that hard to hatch... incubate them like chicken eggs but on their side.  I hatched 4 last year.   The eggs I got locally are black shoulder or india blue and I was hoping for white or purple or cameo.  There is someone in my state shipping those colors so I might try one more time.

The purple are beautiful! I never heard of cameo, I'm gonna look that up! What state are you in?

Day 20. Not a pip, not a peep, no movement of the eggs. Nada. They were alive and fully developed when we locked down, so I am sure hoping something happens soon!

Back
Top Bottom