Setting this morning due 2/13, anyone wanna hatch with me? Got a PIC!

Thanks Carolyn....He hatched at 6:00A.M yesterday(Thursday) so 72 hours would be 6:00AM Sunday...I have a stinkin feeling this is going to be my only chick...

yippiechickie.gif
: yiipchick
yippiechickie.gif
go chickies go
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

~Laura

Last edited:
Well, you're doing better than me...I still just have a pip.
lol.png

If we hit the 24hr point without anything, I'm going to see if he needs help.
Take care..keeping my fingers crossed for all of us:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl
Carolyn

Any news out there?
Hope all is well
smile.png

My pip still hasn't hatched yet.
At the 32 hr mark I couldn't see any movement or hear anything so I took it out and flicked a bit of shell away from the pip and saw that he was still alive so I placed him back in the bator.
I have never had a chick pip so far before he was ready to come out.
Now I have pip in another egg.
I need to work on my patience.
Carolyn

Carolyn I do not have any more pips...I did take my baby out and put it in the brooder last night...Made it fast and it didnt seem to effect my temp or humidity...It would be wonderful if eggs were laid clear so we could see what was going on in there...I am struggling to keep my grimy hands off of my eggs and wait...Not sure why one chick would hatch a couple of days early and then see nothing more happening...

My lone baby seems so lost all by itself so I did give it a small stuffed animal to cuddle up with...It prefers to cuddle up next to the thermometer instead...go figure...

Hopefully your babies will start popping the tops off of their eggs and say "Hi" soon!...Thanks for checking back in because it is helping me stay on track!...Be good!
wink.png

~Laura

Yeah Laura,
It's a lesson in patience for sure.
This is my 4th hatch and I'm usually so good at sitting on my hands during a hatch BUT the stakes seem so much higher when you buy eggs then when hatching our own.
I have never had chicks take over 24 hours from pip to hatch but those were my own eggs and I'm learning those rules do not apply to others.
I need to have faith that my I've done my job keeping the bator conditions correct and wait.
Sending warm thoughts your way...hoping you see more chickies soon
smile.png

Carolyn

Update:
I have one silkie hatched and the one that pipped on Thurs. is fully zipped and resting.
Carolyn

Last edited:
Well out of 9 eggs I have one sole chick....Not sure what happended....Oh well I guess I will wait for my new incubator to get here and try again!...How dissappointing...Not one of my Silkie eggs made it...
sad.png

~Laura

I'm sorry so to hear that Laura
hugs.gif

My luck has not been much better.
My first little silkie pipper finally zipped 40hours after pipping then died.
It was weird, it zipped around the egg so fast, like less than 10mins!
And I thought it was just resting but it died.
It either had worn its little self to death or it had something else wrong with it.
But I can't help but think that helping earlier would of helped.
On the bright side I did have one little silkie hatch with no problems at all and my remaining egg pipped around noon today.
I have another dozen silkie eggs arriving here next week so I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment
he.gif

Carolyn

I am sorry Carolyn...It is weird that the baby made it that far and then you lost it...May I ask what kind of incubator you were using?

I just ordered a King Suro 20 ...Hopefully it will arrive soon because I too want to try again...I just need to find some eggs!.I really want some Silkies here!....Thank you for sharing this hatch with me...hopefully next time it will be more productive!

~Laura

Hi Laura,
How's your little guy doing? I hope well
jumpy.gif

I've got two little silkies that are dried off now and look sound.
I'm regulation my brooder temp right now before the transfer.
My hi-tech card board box brooder
lol.png

I have a hovabator 1588 and I do love it. Hi have a turner in it, too.
I'm saving my pennies to buy a second one so I can do staggered hatches safely.
I'm going to get a couple pics up of chicks sometime to day.
Take care!
Carolyn

My little spoiled chickie is doing great!...Congrats on your two new Silkie babies....I am jealous!

I can't wait to see their pictures!

~Laura

Back
Top Bottom