Setting Today (03-02-2012)

Set my eggs this morning at 845am! This is so exciting! This is my first run at chickens, ever. I am very nervous as well, worried about the humidity. I know alot of people say dont worry so much about the humidity until lockdown, but i dont want my eggs to drown or dry out!

yeah, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
in my own opinion a little humidity is okay. I think it helps the egg dry out.

I was so nervous too before I got the eggs but then I calmed down a bit when i got them surprisingly. I would just jot down the temperature per day to keep track of how the process is going.

Congrats....
Also I read you should put water in at least 2 times a week...

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Glad to see a few set eggs around the same time. Hatching Buddies! :)

MyNameIs86- That's great your temp is up there! And I also keep a journal like that with temps and humidity records, just for future reference though.

1sttimechick- Yeah, the last hatch I did I tried the dry incubation method keeping the humidity at 16-30% until day 18 which I shot up to 60-70%. I had a good hatch overall..considering. So I really wouldn't worry too much about the humidity these first two weeks.

Well my concern is that the humidity may be too high! I am going to the store to buy a thermometer that measures the humidity so i can keep an eye on it since I'm not sure how accurate my wet bulb thermometer is. The temp is at 37.6c or 99.6f does this sound right?

If I'm not mistaken that's about 50some% humidity. You are kind of on the high side for the first days, in my eyes anyway, Some people do, however, hatch with that kind of humidity. I'd definitely try to lower it if possible.
And yeah wet bulbs are difficult. Getting a hydrometer will help tremendously!

Back
Top Bottom