setting today 9/15/11 - anyone else?

thumbsup.gif
I set nine black splash silkie eggs 9/14 under a first time broody EE/NewHampshire X. She is very determined. Fingers crossed for all of us.

HI,
What fun..................I set 24 shipped Serama eggs on the 16th.
Using an LG still air......I had a lot of trouble (poor hatches) at first but think I
have it down with this LG now.
These learning curves are murder.and expensive
lol.png

Temps run great...... and humidity.
I put it inside a large box and that seems to have settled the problems............

Good Luck every one.................
fl.gif

I was having issues getting temps to stay right with it being so cold in our house at night and then back normal during the day. I had thought about throwing my bator in an empty box to kinda create an insulated affect but I finally got it to 99.5 exactly and its stayed that mostly. I need to reset my thermometer because it shows min and max temps and humidity for the day. Humidity has been really good too holding at 45-50. I actually added another egg yesterday. Since it was only one day different. I added another EE egg that I believe to be fertile. I really love the EE's and want more but with the cross of GLW I dont know if I will get the same temperment. We will see. After these hatch out my older adults are..um..well....
sickbyc.gif
.....cause they arent laying. Just want to see how many I can replace.

OK, so just for fun I candled today and it appears I have 11/12 developing with shipped eggs!!! (nice packing job Bargain)
smile.png
How is everyone else doing?

Setting a few days later here, but sooo... looking forward to this hatch-a-long
big_smile.png
. I set 46 eggs from our own chickens. This is the first time with my own fertile eggs, so I will be checking for fertility rate. Caramel Queen hens over Ameraucana roos and 1 BLRW roo. Good luck to all
wink.png

I believe our Mama Rosie banty hen is broody
D.gif
so we put a few eggs under her today. If the incubator does not have good results she is my back up plan.
D.gif
. She has been tested, tried and true everytime, hopefully my eggs are up to par for her!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom