Setting today or tomorrow anyone else?

Ok i candled and it looked almost like the yolk was stuck to the side? i am not sure. ill try to post pics later. I am not sure if this is normal or not. Looks like i need to do a little more research.

Here are egg pics
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Broody started setting last evening 9 of our barnyard mix... Although I didn't think I would be incubating anymore, here we go again! I'm in!!

My broody is outside. I didn't plan on moving her or intervening at all. I figured just let her do what nature tells her to. But it has been raining for 3 days. I did prop a board over the stumps where she's nesting so at least the rain isn't falling on her.

Boy, oh boy, she must be dedicated. Can you imagine just sitting for 3 weeks? Rain, shine, bothersome sister trying to lay in your nest? She's a trooper.

HI think i ll join too if you dont mind.
My broody silky was on a few eggs but another girl shoved her off after a week Poor silkie then set on some older eggs not sure if shell hatch any or not.
.I did slide one other silkie egg under her so maybe shell get one .anyway she set right around March 11 first time so ill go with that for now.

Also I set some paint silky and EEs eggs in the bator due April 1 NOw....
pop.gif
caf.gif
pop.gif

I keep getting even more excited as the time goes by. pretty soon we will have fluffy butts!!!!(hopefully)

Back
Top Bottom