Setting Up the temperature in my incubator, ughhh!

greenpeeps

Songster
10 Years
Apr 15, 2009
Greenford, Ohio
My husband wired the light and water thermostat that we picked up at homedepot yesterday, and now I have spent every free minute trying to get this *&%*temperature set correctly. Either it's to high or to low. My eggs should be here in a day or two so I'm starting to stress a little. Were using a fluke meter to measure the temperature and I have the wire from the meter about 1" away from the thermostat. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this right?

Thanks

Oh the set up is a small foam cooler with a 25WT light bulb hanging from the lid ( secured), the thermostat is located on the side of the cooler on the same level as the egg rack, and I have a water bag (100deg.) on the bottom on the cooler.

Last edited:
i had the same problem with a similar set up.i finally switchsd to a 40 watt bulb.it now holds between 99.2/99.9.however the temp still took about five hours to lock in.those thermostats seem to have about one degree of play in them

Thanks, i will try the 40wt bulb this morning

Should I take the temp of a small egg size container of sand? I've read the temp swing should be fine if this temp stays 99.7 - 100.7 ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom