Setting up today 26 May 2012.... Anyone setting can join

Do you have other eggs with pips? If not I would just go ahead and get them out. My incubator directions say that during lockdown that if you open it you should wait at least 6 more hours before opening it again. During my last hatch I had 17 eggs in there and they all hatched out over three days. I just watched the clock and only re-opened it again after the 6 hours to take more fluffies out. Bit of you see active zipping, I wouldn't risk opening it because you could cause a shrink wrap situation.

In other news regarding my eggs...I finally have three pips! Eggs 2, 4 and 6 are pipped and starting to zip. Yippeeeeee
wee.gif

Now I just need 1, 3 and 5 to join in on the party.
pop.gif

Thanks WyoChickenMamma!
I will get those two out of there as there are no other pips yet, There is one that got most of the way out and didnt make it that I want to get out of there too :(

I have one girl and another zipping! One more has pipped and the other three are just sitting there...no action from them. I am super excited to have the ones that are coming now!
jumpy.gif

#1 is in the brooder, #2 hatched but died I think his yolk sac came back out?? He was all sticky around his legs when I found him. The one that was zipping died in the shell. That's three. For all the others ABSOLUTELY nothing. No more pips or anything. I'm thinking about candling this evening. Whats the longest they can go before hatching? These were all due yesterday. If I candle and they are dead would they have blood rings this late? For sure everything (except one of the stamped ones) was alive and moving at lock down.

Well it seems all are doing great and I cant even tell which ones were the sickly ones. All are drinkng and eating alot. Ive watched them closely and even the one whos intestines were coming out is pooing, so I guess things are working great there for that one.

#1 is in the brooder, #2 hatched but died I think his yolk sac came back out?? He was all sticky around his legs when I found him. The one that was zipping died in the shell. That's three. For all the others ABSOLUTELY nothing. No more pips or anything. I'm thinking about candling this evening. Whats the longest they can go before hatching? These were all due yesterday. If I candle and they are dead would they have blood rings this late? For sure everything (except one of the stamped ones) was alive and moving at lock down.
Sorry to hear that, I couldnt answer what they would have blood rings or not.

You usually won't see anything in there but a chick that isn't moving. Blood rings are early quitters. The egg should be mostly dark. You can usually tell if they have internally pipped by candling too. It will look like a bump protruding into the air cell. Even if there is no movement they can still be alive. Make a small hole in the shell in the air cell and peek inside and see if the chick is moving.

Thanks Winkler. I took your advice. No movement on candling. About half had blood "Spots". Very clearly gone. Only three had internally pipped and all the ones without the bloodspots I opened and they were gone. The only thing I can think of is I must have had a temperature issue. Next time I'll use two thermometers. The last batch with the VERY same setup 3/5 hatched. Live and Learn I guess. Have 11 more due in a week or so and then 20ish after that and setting ~18 tonight. I realize its a learning experience this IS only my second batch just heartbroken to throw out 24 eggs total tonight...all of these plus quitters in my other two batches.

my second and third hatches were like that. Out of 42 eggs each time I only got 3 out of one and 5 out of the other. Once I found the problem my hatch rate went right up to 75% plus. Mine was humidity issues that were easily corrected.

Back
Top Bottom