Seven month old Lemon Orpington started to crow this morning. Is it really a roo?

daisycake44

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 29, 2013
Sure I've watched this chicken become HUGE but was always convinced she was a hen. This morning she tried to crow. It was weak but she tried over and over and over and seems to really want to get it down. I started to really look at her and now I'm thinking, is she really a he? Input please!

Definitely a rooster. A hen wouldn't have those large wattles and comb, pointy hackle feathers, and darker coloring on the wings/neck. He's very pretty!

Last edited:
LOL. Thanks for the help guys. I was in denial! Looks like "Ballerina" will be packing his bags. There's just no room in our "Girls Only" Bachelorette pad :)

LOL. Thanks for the help guys. I was in denial! Looks like "Ballerina" will be packing his bags. There's just no room in our "Girls Only" Bachelorette pad :)

oh but think of the beautiful babies they could make
wink.png
he's a beauty.

Why no room if you've had him for this long? If he's allowed where you live I say keep him. If there really is no room, I would make him a bachelor pad especially if he's a good boy. It seems he's a good chicken since he looks that way and is barely starting to crow.

Back
Top Bottom