Sevens Dust?

That is why you should have consulted a professional.
big_smile.png
Dusts don't work on ants or spiders or any other bugs that do not drag their bodies on or near the ground. I would not recommend using DE on heavily infested birds or any other animal, unless the person was of the organic only persuasion.

DE is very effective to treat the roots, nests and floors. IMO, there is no single answer to parasites. A protocol is more appropriate. DE is also effective if used in a dust-bath prior to a serious infection. Since it is nearly impossible to keep mites completely out of the birds environment, it is prudent to use preventive measures.

There are granules that won't affect mammals for ants. They are for licensed applicators only and usually they are pricey, but if you can find an independent local pest control guy, I'm sure he would be happy to provide you the service. Depending on the type of ants that you are bothered with, you may not need to treat the entire yard, just the colony and or around the house.

That is why you should have consulted a professional.  :D   Dusts don't work on ants or spiders or any other bugs that do not drag their bodies on or near the ground.  I would not recommend using DE on heavily infested birds or any other animal, unless the person was of the organic only persuasion.

DE is very effective to treat the roots, nests and floors.  IMO, there is no single answer to parasites.  A protocol is more appropriate.  DE is also effective if used in a dust-bath prior to a serious infection.  Since it is nearly impossible to keep mites completely out of the birds environment, it is prudent to use preventive measures.

There are granules that won't affect mammals for ants.  They are for licensed applicators only and usually they are pricey, but if you can find an independent local pest control guy, I'm sure he would be happy to provide you the service.  Depending on the type of ants that you are bothered with, you may not need to treat the entire yard, just the colony and or around the house.

OOH! Good to know about the ants!!! No friggin wonder it didnt work! :lau :bow Honestly, this is VERY good info... thanks!! :)
I kept trying it because folks on here said it worked... and it didnt....
SO how are they saying it works on ants then??
They must be fibbin'.... :lol:

Quote: I hear ya! I read things on here regularly that, in my experience, I find to be hard to believe. I will not hesitate to pull out the BS card on things I have found to be untrue. Sometimes I think that folks just want to up their "post" numbers and repeat information that they read previously regardless if they have any experience with it or not. I try not to post advice unless I have experienced it, or I qualify my advice as hearsay...usually.

Quote:
First of all.....redhen you are hilarious....LOL!
lau.gif

Secondly, for killing bugs in my yard, I started to use a Permethrin yard spray that says it's safe for pets and kids once it dries. It does seem to knock down anything that moves out there and supposedly lasts about a month (depending on how much it rains I think)
Have you (or anyone) tried something similar and what were your results? I'm so sick of the dang ticks around here
somad.gif
and I"m desperate to have a yard and garden I can enjoy with my dogs, and chickens and ducks....of course
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom