3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
#1. Blue Cuckoo Marans x French Cuckoo Marans

While pondering my options with the various males I have, it occured to me that if I don't sell Stripes, a clean-legged, Blue Cuckoo Marans (from Welp and currently 14 weeks), promptly I could put him in with my 2 French Cuckoo Marans girls (older than he is and laying very nice, dark eggs).

That would give me half blue cuckoo and have black cuckoo, right?

And they should have feathers on their feet, right?

#2. Blue Australorp X French Cuckoo Marans

I'm definitely keeping a Blue Australorp boy. If I use him with the FCM girls as well as with some of the Blue Australorp girls it should give me blue, black, and splash chicks with all the males cuckoo, right?

(What would a splash cuckoo bird look like, anyway?)

#3. The Black Langshan cockerel is already mating with the adult hens.

He'd make sexlinks with either the FCM ladies or the Dominique ladies, right?

1. Yes on the blue cuckoo and black cuckoo.
Feathered legs. Not always but most did when I did a similar cross.

2. The males from the FCM hens would have barring. The other males of course wouldn't and no females would.
Splash cuckoo would be almost white looking. You can get small hints of the lightest blue color here and there.

3. Correct

1. Yes on the blue cuckoo and black cuckoo.
Feathered legs. Not always but most did when I did a similar cross.

2. The males from the FCM hens would have barring. The other males of course wouldn't and no females would.
Splash cuckoo would be almost white looking. You can get small hints of the lightest blue color here and there.

3. Correct

Thanks. The Blue Cuckoo Marans is up for sale, but if he doesn't sell promptly I might as well put him with some girls.

Back
Top Bottom