Severe Inner Ear Infection - No antibiotic seems to be helping. Please Help!

Just happened upon this taking phone out to look up something- wondering what happened with the original poster’s sweet little girl?!

Did the antibiotics the vet prescribed after getting the cultures back help??
So sorry to bring it up if she lost her fight but you seemed SO dedicated- that was such an amazing thing you built to help you both out!😘

ANYWAY- wanted to post an update of my own related to what I’d asked after your OP about the new crust etc in my “PeeWee”’s ear. I decided it couldn’t hurt and some little voice was telling me MITES long before I saw whoever’s comment asking if you’d checked for them in her ear…
So I did it- figured I had nothing to lose at this point as she was dealing with so many things- gave her two drops on ea ear to be sure and rubbed what dropped down around a little.
Literally, the next day I think it was it was- almost completely better!!?! I swear it makes no sense- “miticide” drops for cats& dogs dropped ON a chickens ear that was my best guess for the origin of this sudden new yellow crusting… and before I could even bathe her the next day (better than the wet compresses I was trying initially to ascertain the source as it was so caked/dried on her neck and even under her beak…) it was almost completely gone!!
I looked closely thru her feathers and though I think there may have been some residual bits in/under her feathers, it was simply as if I’d imagined the whole thing- it was that quick!! So I know that wasn’t the case for you-but for any owner searching for answers on crusting around the ear or ear infections- that aren’t confirmed by vet/culture!- I thought I’d at least let you know that these simple inexpensive ear mite drops worked for MY girl-
NOT advocating self treatment unless you feel you’ve ruled out other issues or can’t afford or simply don’t have help available... but just saying thank you Jesus, it worked for this situation for us! I repeated it with one or two drops on each side a couple days later and never saw a problem again- her ear had looked very swollen and misshapen and that was back to normal too!
Like I said it was oddly quick in appearance and I’d not noticed any changes in her balance before or after.

Have LOTS of pics of before and after IF anyone is interested- happy to share but otherwise just wanted to mention this and THANK whoever it was that mentioned ear mites in this thread as I’d never even thought about it (consciously at least!) - though I Had ordered those drops by habit to have in my first aid kit since I’d always had kitties…

I’d like to know how she is too! I really hope u found the right medication and she got better. I’m going through something similar at the moment and it’s so stressful.

Back
Top Bottom