Sewandgrow's Second "Almost" Annual Friends of a Feather Poultry Party Turlock, CA May 18, 2014

Thank you Karen, for opening your home and putting on such a wonderful party! AND ... thank you for the tour! You have some BIG chickens.

You are so welcomed. I am glad you could make the trip. I hope your husband wasn't too bored.
I do love BIG chickens. I am sorry they didn't look their best for all of you to see but they looked peaked with their faces all white from eating & dusting in the DE trays..........LOL I have been trying to keep ahead of lice/mites before they strike here since everyone seems to think it is a really bad year so my birds have been getting a regiment of treatments that I am sure they don't like but they seem to like to dust bathe.........LOL. My son & I have been spraying , dabbing & dusting.

Thanks, Karen!

My niece had a great time in the pool, and was very excited about cotton candy and snow cone and popcorn!

I'm sorry I didn't really get to meet people and chat. I guess my dad chatted a bit with people, but not about chickens. :)

Thanks, Karen!

My niece had a great time in the pool, and was very excited about cotton candy and snow cone and popcorn!

I'm sorry I didn't really get to meet people and chat. I guess my dad chatted a bit with people, but not about chickens. :)

No problem Dawn. I am glad you got to enjoy time with your niece & she had fun too. I hope your trip on to Santa Barbara went well & your sister & her new baby are doing fine.

I know that I am a bit late but I had such a great day visiting with everyone! Went right into a hectic workweek though, so just now getting a chance to add on my HUGE THANKS to Karen for opening up her property for us to have the party and for definitely being the Hostess with the Mostest! Hosting a big get together like this is a lot of work and Karen is so gracious about letting us all tromp around her property, ooh and aah over her birds, and enjoy her wonderful hospitality. Cari, Olivia, and the men of the household were a huge help, and I was happy to see that even Mr. Sew and Grow seemed to enjoy a little bit of socializing!

I got home late, tired, with a full tummy and just a touch of sunburn on my nose. Went with three birds for Karen, and eggs for Jules and Shantih, came home with 5 darling little polish from Sarah, 2 gorgeous little silkies that I whisked away from Shantih before she even realized she had them, and pretty blue and brown eggs from Jules and Karen. Oh - and before everyone got there I scrounged around by the bird pens and picked up some beautiful lavender guinea feathers. I left the feathers that still had guineas attached where they were though - I don't think my neighbors could take that on top of the roosters!

Such a wonderful day visiting with friends, some old, some new, and catching up with a group of kindred spirits that I wish I was able to see more often. I did register for the May 31 workshop and so I will see a few of you there!

Okay Dyann, who is that little Chooklet in your Avatar picture????? So cute!!!!
Mr Sewandgrow got a kick out of you having so much fun on the golf cart. Boy that thing is a life saver for me out her. I was hauling around my 9 foot 3 hole wire cage on it today that used to be my quarantine pens. I am retro fitting it to be my new rabbit hutch.....LOL
Look forward to seeing you for the Poultry class & lunch on the 31st.

I know it's late, but I finally got a BYC account & wanted to tell @sewandgrow Thank You!! Such a great event. And your Orps are GORGEOUS.
love.gif

I was the newbie from Madera who came with my mother & a friend. We brought the chick cupcakes. ;) Won some quail eggs, and some mystery eggs too, which nearly all hatched. Having tons of fun with those little guys.

Thanks again everyone!

I know it's late, but I finally got a BYC account & wanted to tell @sewandgrow Thank You!! Such a great event. And your Orps are GORGEOUS.
love.gif

I was the newbie from Madera who came with my mother & a friend. We brought the chick cupcakes. ;) Won some quail eggs, and some mystery eggs too, which nearly all hatched. Having tons of fun with those little guys.

Thanks again everyone!

So glad you were able to come & enjoyed yourself. Although I am selling out the majority of my chickens I still intend to be available for future get togethers. My Orpingtons are some of the chickens I am selling. I will be keeping a breeding group of BCM, True Ameraucanas & Pita Pintas & my grandson's Japanese bantams but most everything else will go,. I just can't take care of them myself anymore & can't justify the expense in the feed & paying for their care.

love.gif

Thanks again everyone!

So glad you were able to come & enjoyed yourself. Although I am selling out the majority of my chickens I still intend to be available for future get togethers. My Orpingtons are some of the chickens I am selling. I will be keeping a breeding group of BCM, True Ameraucanas & Pita Pintas & my grandson's Japanese bantams but most everything else will go,. I just can't take care of them myself anymore & can't justify the expense in the feed & paying for their care.

Aw I'm sorry to hear you're downsizing. That's always hard to do.
sad.png
I hope you found good homes for your birds?

Let us know when you are ready to let them go. I know someone who may be interested in some of your Delawares :)

You are making a very good choice on breeds to keep!

Enjoy the down sizing!

Back
Top Bottom