Sex and breed help

380tom

In the Brooder
Feb 19, 2017
Hi all!
We picked up a few new chicks today and I "think" they are pulleys but not 100% sure. Also there was an Americauna and a RIR roo on premise and Americauna, RIR and RIW hens on site. Any idea what mix and sex these are? The two white chicks have light grey/blue legs and the brown chick has yellow legs.

Last edited:
Purely guesses, so don't take my word for it:

Bottom one looks like "ameraucana" x "ameraucana" I put those in quotes because, at least to me, it looks like it might be an EE. However, I only really look at the blues/blacks/wheatons, so it could be a silver. Idk

Middle birdy looks really clean, actually. If those are the only two possible roosters, I would say that momma is most likely the RIW maybe crossed with the ameraucana? The leg color could come from the papa.

Back left looks just like my hatchery RIR looked like, so I'm going to guess RIR x RIR.

Once again, these are purely guesses based on the info I have been given. It may also be that they are all barnyard mixes!

I'll be lurking to see what everyone else thinks! Also, keep me updated on how they turn out!!
wee.gif

Edited because I wanted to reaffirm that I am not really 100% sure on breeds. Have a nice day :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom