sex change ??????

roasted

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 6, 2014
Qeensland Australia
I have question One of my chooks has turned into a rooster. In January this year one of my chooks hatched some eggs . As they grew two off them showed quite fast that they were roosters . Two were hens,so we thought. Today they are 10 months old, and one of our chooks has started growing spurs.
Is this normal ????????

I have question One of my chooks has turned into a rooster. In January this year one of my chooks hatched some eggs . As they grew two off them showed quite fast that they were roosters . Two were hens,so we thought. Today they are 10 months old, and one of our chooks has started growing spurs.
Is this normal ????????

Growing spurs and crowing? Or growing sours and laying eggs?

Is not impossible. Don't hens do grow spurs. Do you have any pictures

Growing spurs and crowing? Or growing sours and laying eggs?

Is not impossible. Don't hens do grow spurs. Do you have any pictures
Actually it is possible for the change of gender in the body but it is very rare. Someone had a case where in a laying factory a hen turned into a rosster because of the conditions. It happens by the oil gland changing and soon everything makes ot look like a rooster and soon it turns into one

20170930_114549.jpg

Hen with spurs 1 1/2yr old pumpkin hulsey I also have a McLean hatch hen with spurs and have had even layer breeds develop them.

My main concern was the time it took the rooster I gave away (his brother) is twice his size. Could the fact he was starved for food by others , and matured slowly???
043.jpg
[The one above the rooster (his father) 043.jpg

Attachments

• 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    920.9 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom