Sex link possible with EE hen / RIR roo?

cmdonatello

Chirping
Jul 2, 2023
Hello! I’m new here, and I’m happy to be among such knowledgeable chicken owners. 🙂

On May 29 I hatched some eggs from my hens that were fertilized by my RIR rooster. Three eggs were from my barred Plymouth Rock; when they hatched I immediately knew whether I had boys or girls.

The other eggs are from my EE hens, and it hasn’t been as easy to determine. One hen is pure white, and the other is white with black and brown plumage. The chicks are all red, some with “eyeliner”, some were solid and others had the chipmunk stripe down their backs… it’s been confusing.

All this to say, can the EE/RIRs be sex link by any chance? And, are the ones I’m showing below boys or girls? I really appreciate your help!

IMG_1276.jpeg

IMG_1277.jpeg

Hello!

I don’t know exactly how genetics and sex-links work or how you’d be able to tell if they are, so I’ll let someone else who’s more knowledgeable answer that question.

I do know, however, that both chicks shown are cockerels.

Hello! I’m new here, and I’m happy to be among such knowledgeable chicken owners. 🙂

On May 29 I hatched some eggs from my hens that were fertilized by my RIR rooster. Three eggs were from my barred Plymouth Rock; when they hatched I immediately knew whether I had boys or girls.

The other eggs are from my EE hens, and it hasn’t been as easy to determine. One hen is pure white, and the other is white with black and brown plumage. The chicks are all red, some with “eyeliner”, some were solid and others had the chipmunk stripe down their backs… it’s been confusing.

All this to say, can the EE/RIRs be sex link by any chance? And, are the ones I’m showing below boys or girls? I really appreciate your help!

View attachment 3563635

View attachment 3563636
I don't believe they would be sex links. The one in the pics are probably boys.

Back
Top Bottom