Sex link question

ChickyGal

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 10, 2007
Hi everyone,
I have a question. But first I've already found the link explaining this sex link business, but it still isn't making much sense to me..lol.. OKay, I have a Buff Orpington rooster and I have barred rock hens and road island red hens, and I want to know if I can come up with any sex links chicks out of the BO rooster with these hens. I have hatched a bunch of chicks out last Fall and several of the pullets look exactly like Black Sex Links, but I can't find anywhere that it is written for a person to use a BO rooster. Please help me, it's driving me nuts.
Thanks,
Shirley

I am here to help, lol. Ok buff birds are gold, and when you cross either a gold or red roo (like RIR) on silver hens like barred rocks, dominiques, slver laced wyandottes, etc. you get sexlinks.

I know with the buff rooster and the barred rock hen you'll get sex-link black babies. The girls will be black, boys will look like barred rock babies (black w/ yellow headspots and will later develop barring).

Here are my BO/Barred Rock Sex Links:

Female:
GrownupNekoda.jpg

Male:
boys05038.jpg

They're wonderful birds! BO/RIR mixes are also lovely.
big_smile.png
Here's a whole page with Buff Orp cross pics https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=24830

Back
Top Bottom