Sex- linked Information

Pics
I agree I'm sure it does too. If you decide to breed bantam Sex-Links, please post progress reports. If I had bantams I would give it a try.

Ok so in 2 months I will be trying out my first attempt at hatching chicks.
Going in the bator are...
French Black Copper Marans,
Frizzled Olive Eggers,
Frizzled Easter Eggers,
Frizzled Tolbunt Polish,
Frizzled Bantam Seramas
Will I be able to sex any by their wing feathers?

Ok so in 2 months I will be trying out my first attempt at hatching chicks.
Going in the bator are...
French Black Copper Marans,
Frizzled Olive Eggers,
Frizzled Easter Eggers,
Frizzled Tolbunt Polish,
Frizzled Bantam Seramas
Will I be able to sex any by their wing feathers?

No. Read the first post: scroll down to feather sexing.

Tim

Quick question - If I cross a Gold Laced Wyandotte rooster over Dark Brahma hens, will that produce a sex-linked chick? That is what I gathered from the chart, unless I am misinterpreting it? Thank you for the help.

That is how I read the chart too. I have only crossed RIR male with Delaware females. The female chicks looked like the RIR father and the male chicks looked like the Delaware mothers. Another cross I did was a RIR male to RIW females. The females turned out RSL female Red with white, and the Males like the RSL males White with brown and black coloring.

Some young males from my RIR / RIW cross.

From my RIR / RIW cross.

Female from my RIR / Delaware cross

Chicks from my crosses.

Four girls from my RIR / Delaware cross. I could not find the pictures of the males but they looked like the Delaware mothers. If you cross a Delaware male with RIR or NHR females. They will all look like Delawares.

Here is a picture I came across to illustrate a Delaware male cross with either a RIR or NHR.

Here are the RIR / RIW cross

Building a Welbar line

Have exceptional Welsummers and Barred Rocks.

Have about 40-50 chicks out.

Colors: Totally black...females? Black with just a little white on top of head. ??? Black with a big white spot on the top of head. Male?

According to what I have read I should end up with half barred and half totally black.

Do I keep only the barred males and put them back onto Welsummer females or ????? Looked at the chart many times and thought you kept all the barred birds. After reading for about the 20th time it looks like you only keep the barred males.

Anyone know?

Building a Welbar line

Have exceptional Welsummers and Barred Rocks.

Have about 40-50 chicks out.

Colors: Totally black...females? Black with just a little white on top of head. ??? Black with a big white spot on the top of head. Male?

According to what I have read I should end up with half barred and half totally black.

Do I keep only the barred males and put them back onto Welsummer females or ????? Looked at the chart many times and thought you kept all the barred birds. After reading for about the 20th time it looks like you only keep the barred males.

Anyone know?

Never attempted that cross. Have crossed the Barred Plymouth Rock females with a RIR or NHR male. At hatch both sexes have black down, but the males can be identified by the white dot on their heads. Males feather out with the Barred Rock pattern along with a few red feathers, while females feather out solid black with some red in the neck feathers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom