Sex-Linked Silkies?

Then definitely not right to father gold/silver sexlinks.

I don't have much experience recognizing some of these combinations in actual chickens, even though I've read a lot about some of the genes involved :)
My boys are Columbian with Autosomal Red, but with way less leakage.

Yeah, not the right combination.

I'm just in awe of you both, @MysteryChicken and @NatJ . I'm not wired for that skill, I have enough trouble telling people apart. That you can do it with a completely different species never fails to impress.

I treat genetics like a big logic puzzle, and I like to see how they all go together.

For most genes, I keep forgetting details and have to look them up again and again, but eventually they do stick in my head. I don't know why I find them fascinating enough to spend that much time on :confused:

I'm good with Logic, but I can't "see it". Its that intuitive leap from the purely mechanical to the practice where I can't follow. Punnett squares are simple - but I see letters, not plumage, comb, leg and skin color...

My mind runs through it with a combination of Punnett squares and words. "So if one parent is split for silkie feathering..." I have been studying this stuff for over a decade by now, and I've gotten faster over time, but I usually still work through it point by point rather than "seeing" the whole picture.

Back
Top Bottom