Songster
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
Staten Island NY
14386_a_004.jpg

14386_a_005.jpg

14386_a_018.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether your chick is a boy or girl, but it does have similar coloring to one of my EE pullets. I always thought mine might be a rooster because she was so much larger than the other 2 EE chicks, had different coloring than they did, & had a wide 3-row pea comb whereas the other two had narrow pea combs.

She's still the largest, her coloring has changed so that she's almost a twin to one of the others, but her pea comb is still huge compared to the other two. Despite her comb, she still ended up being female. Here's a link so you can see her as a chick, pullet, and hen - at the bottom of the page you can see the difference in their combs (Pippin is the one I'm talking about).

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=19548-from-chicks-to-pullets-to-hens

Her comb at 7-8 weeks is not visible on my webpage, so here's a picture of Pippin's comb at that age:
19548_chickens_011.jpg

There are some Easter Eggers that are obvious, but others are really difficult and you just have to wait for them to grow.

Back
Top Bottom