Sexing 11 week old Buff Silkie (PLEASE HELP)

Do you think it is a pullet or roo?

• Total voters
Oh wow. I'm hitting my head over here. I completely missed the streamers! :he

Yep, they're right. It's a cockerel. His comb is just sorta small for his age. Sorry for getting your hopes up!
He is actually a she! I just watch her layer her first egg, it was very small and didn't have a full yolk but still an egg, yaaaayy! You were right

could he have been in the nest box but someone else laid the egg? If I was wrong about the crest streamers and he is a she, then congrats, I'm really happy for you!! But I'm still a little about him/her.
Definitely possible, I have to watch more closely to confirm, and now that you mention it that is really early.

Definitely possible, I have to watch more closely to confirm, and now that you mention it that is really early.
Honestly I don’t know if you’re beautiful Silkie layed the egg or not but it looks more like a pullet to me. How big is your egg? Do you have other Silkies that could have layed it? Congratulations if he/she did lay the egg! It would be awfully early though for a silkie to lay as they don’t normally lay until till 7 to 9 months of age. 5 months would be the earliest.😊

Back
Top Bottom