Sexing 4(ish) week Easter Eggers?

3 is possibly male, 4 weeks is pretty early to sex them though.
Yeah I’m hoping I can tell sooner than later. Number 3 is definitely showing the personality of a rooster based on my last batch. Not as shy and afraid. No idea if that is breed dependent or just my personal experience.

3 and 4 look like your cockerels to me 🤷‍♂️ They have a lot of red in their combs for their age... my pullets (2 of which are EEs) are about to start laying, any day now 🤞 and they still don’t have any red in their combs... but then again I’m new to the chicken sexing game

and I gave mealworms/oatmeal since they were about 4-5 weeks old... introduced fruits and veggies when they were closer to about 8-9

Three is possibly male. The rest look like females to me. The pattern of #3 isn’t necessarily male. I have 2 pullets with that same pattern. I’m going by leg size and comb shape (not color). It’s so much easier to sex these guys if I can see them in action. Photos are difficult.

I think they all look like cockerels to me except maybe number 1 :oops:

Those combs are very large and very red for only 4 weeks old. The pattern isn’t necessarily a boy pattern BUT I thought the same with my Easter Egger, he had “female coloring” at a young age like that and not a big or red comb and he ended up being a boy and getting the red patches, etc. later on. So feather coloring that young is not necessarily an indicator of gender.

Back
Top Bottom