Sexing 6-7 week old Gold Spangled Spitzhaubens

halefamily_flock

Songster
Sep 16, 2020
Southeast Misssouri
I think I have 2 pullets and 2 cockerels. What do you think?
Spitz_pullet_blue_6.5weeks.png Spitz_cockerel_yellow_6.5weeks.png
Spitz_pullet_pink_6.5weeks.png
Spitz_cockerel_green_6.5weeks.png

Here are a few bonus photos of 3 & 4, since they happened to pose together...
Spitz_green_pink_6.5weeks.png Spitz_green_pink_6.5weeks_2.png

I see slight wattles in the two you are thinking are cockerels, but honestly I think these littles need a bit more time. :)
I know I need to be patient 😂🤣. Out of 80+ chicks, these are the only 4 who remain a mystery. All the others were sex linked our auto sexing. I think I’m also seeing the beginning of pointy saddle feathers in no. 2.

I know I need to be patient 😂🤣. Out of 80+ chicks, these are the only 4 who remain a mystery. All the others were sex linked our auto sexing. I think I’m also seeing the beginning of pointy saddle feathers in no. 2.

I mean, they all have saddle feathers... But the male vs female adult saddle feathers wouldn't be coming in yet. They don't come in until around 12 weeks.

Your birds are beautiful, love the hybrids.🥰
Must be hard with only these 4 keeping you guessing. 🤣A bit early for gender specific saddles though.😊

Back
Top Bottom