Sexing Ameraucana chicks

[/IMG]
hen

I'd say rooster. Can you post a picture of the tail? If it not feathering yet, definitely a rooster

I just got some amerucanas and i dont know a specific way for them but there is the wing soan testing and the length of the wings. The ones with short wings r the males but it is hard to tell at a very young age. Another way is there size and behavior. They may be more outgoing.

I picked up a doz of them and dang if every one of them turned out to be roos except for two. I think the hatchery pawned off all their males to TSC and just called them straight run. So much for blue eggs any time soon.
:he :mad: :hit

Hi again lol now my chickens are 11 weeks old and one of my chickens named Hazel, shes the one with the white head and the dark grey bottom. Today she grabbed one of my barred rock chickens by the neck and got on her back and i noticed this from all the squaking i heard. Does that mean Hazel is a rooster i mean it is way to early to have babies. Also Hazels comb is pretty red but u cant see it in the pic
Snapchat-1095392473.jpg
Snapchat-1954272717.jpg
Snapchat-36705285.jpg

Look
Hi again lol now my chickens are 11 weeks old and one of my chickens named Hazel, shes the one with the white head and the dark grey bottom. Today she grabbed one of my barred rock chickens by the neck and got on her back and i noticed this from all the squaking i heard. Does that mean Hazel is a rooster i mean it is way to early to have babies. Also Hazels comb is pretty red but u cant see it in the picView attachment 1392955 View attachment 1392953 View attachment 1392954
looks like a male from the saddle feathers.

Back
Top Bottom