Sexing Ducklings (Please check here first :D )

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Wifezilla, May 13, 2009.

1. Welshies

Welshies Crowing

May 8, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    You can also bill sex Rouens and Mallards once they a 4-10 weeks old. Sometimes it's hard, and other times it's obvious, but yes you can see a difference.

2. ThIsafricanhome

ThIsafricanhome Chirping

Nov 7, 2015
    Anyone know about the nub on the bill being used tomsex khaki campbells?

3. sugarstark

sugarstark Chirping

May 20, 2015
    Hudson Valley New York
    [​IMG]
    Silver Welch harlequin duckling assisted hatch from wrong end pip on Friday afternoon with completed hatch Sunday midday and viability confirmed Monday . Boy or girl?

4. tlbirdsmisty

tlbirdsmisty Chirping

Jan 19, 2015
    I have week old yellow ducks.. sorry don't know the breed but I'm new to ducks more accustom to chickens! I'm wondering what breed and are they male or female?

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

You'll need to post some pics @tlbirdsmisty and depending on age will we be able to tell sex. Breed usually not hard.

Doobly likes this.
  6. tlbirdsmisty

tlbirdsmisty Chirping

Jan 19, 2015
    Its not letting me upload

7. tlbirdsmisty

tlbirdsmisty Chirping

Jan 19, 2015

8. Crc14

Crc14 In the Brooder

Mar 12, 2016

If it's yellow it's probably a pekin, it's harder to sex at a week though not impossible, I have a difficult time with it, typically you want to sex within the first three days which are the easiest as I've found out. Otherwise you'll have to wait until its older and maybe see a tail curl and deepening of the voice, where did you get it from? They should be able to tell you what breed it is

9. egraham

egraham In the Brooder

Apr 21, 2017
    I have 2 five week old rouens. I am anxious to discover their sex like everyone here but have conceded to just wait it out. I believe one is a duck as she randomly quacks at random in the peep sequence which is pretty amusing. The other still peeps but it's voice sounds more like Donald Duck than baby peeps. Hoping both are ducks but am more than happy to add more if one is a drake. They are both about 80% molted into their juvenile plumage.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: