Sexing Ducks At 17 Weeks???? Making Me Nuttier Than Usual! Please?

The only one I would suspect being a drake is the "odd duck". But if it is QUACKING and not going "reep reep....reep reep....reep reep" you DO have all girls.

Thank you for coming in Wifezilla, I appreciate it. That one is the only one I have actually seen (once) raising cain, but it may have fooled me.

It never fails that I can sit on the porch and yell "wack, wack, wack" and get the ducks laughing. Have no idea what I'm saying, but they seem highly amused!

As soon as I walk over? Quiet as can be.

Oh, but if I go out back to turn the hose on, they all have something to say about the squeaky spigot!
lol.png

I can sit on the porch and yell "wack, wack, wack" and get the ducks laughing. Have no idea what I'm saying, but they seem highly amused!

They're making fun of your weird accent!
gig.gif

Quote:
gig.gif

Yeah, I probably say it more like "waaaack, waaack, waaack", it's that southern thing!
lol.png

Quote:
gig.gif

Yeah, I probably say it more like "waaaack, waaack, waaack", it's that southern thing!
lol.png

LOL
now you will have to hire a stud drake for breeding purposes!

Quote:
I agree with this. By 17 weeks the drakes should start looking different. Rouen drakes will get a white band across the front of their necks, that's one way you can tell them.

Grab each one of them up and hear what they have to say, that's about the only way to know for sure. But I would definitely say they are all girls at this point.

Is the one in front the khaki? I'm not very familiar with those, but that one does appear to have a darker head than the rest. If any of them are males, it would be that one.

Last edited:
Quote:
Good suggestion on the picking them up thing (and carry them a little ways away from the rest of the flock if they need further encouragement).
lol.png

I just moved a batch of young BEIs today (one by one) and now there is no doubt there are four girls and a boy.

Back
Top Bottom